Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

ncfan

Rivera: "Panthers had a Vanilla gameplan on D vs Buffalo"

11 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Ron might tell you that putting Grier on the PS would expose him to other teams for picking up and thereby rendering a 3rd round pick a waste before even trying to develop his skills.  

Reading is is one thing.  Heeding is another. 

If his performance stays the same no one will be putting him on a active roster. Kid needs a ton of work both fundamentally and study wise. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

39 minutes ago, Snake said:

If his performance stays the same no one will be putting him on a active roster. Kid needs a ton of work both fundamentally and study wise. 

No way you put a 3rd rounder on the PS. He will be picked up by someone else no doubt.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

It's cute that you think you don't take this place as seriously as anyone else. Keep projecting boo.

I do take this place way TOO seriously which is why I’m constantly antagonizing people (I’m actually self-aware, a trait you could benefit from adopting). Speaking of which...”projecting” is you accusing others of “whoring for pie” while making posts like the last one I quoted LOL.

The vanilla nature of the game plan was not what stood out to me. There was some really bad execution on the field. 

On to New England.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, panthers55 said:

No way you put a 3rd rounder on the PS. He will be picked up by someone else no doubt.

Do you not understand a team would have to cut a player to add him. Have you seen him play? He is absolutely terrible right now. It would be different if he wasn't being picked off twice a game by scrubbs but he is. Not only that but he's missing targets left and right as well. We have a better chance of our RBs getting picked up than Grier. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

20 minutes ago, Snake said:

Do you not understand a team would have to cut a player to add him. Have you seen him play? He is absolutely terrible right now. It would be different if he wasn't being picked off twice a game by scrubbs but he is. Not only that but he's missing targets left and right as well. We have a better chance of our RBs getting picked up than Grier. 

Most teams carry 2 QBs. If one gets hurt you need a backup to the backup. A guy like Grier would be an easy pickup and then if your starter comes back, Grier magically gets hurt in practice and goes to IR. You stash him for a year. Wouldn't be surprised if that is what we do rather than keep 3 on the roster. He isn't nearly as bad as you suggest. 

9 hours ago, ellis said:

The vanilla nature of the game plan was not what stood out to me. There was some really bad execution on the field. 

On to New England.

I got the same impression.  It was an embrassing game to watch.  

Don't have an issue with Vanilla in the preseason. What I had an issue with was the lack of intensity, and our guys straight up losing the one-on-one match ups that define preseason evaluation. Buffalo worked harder, that's just plain fact, regardless of who was in and who was out for us or them.

I'd like to see the coaches light a fire under the team's ass this next game, to really shake out who wants to stay, and who needs to go now. It's do or die time guys, try not to repeat the Buffalo game, k?

Edited by Raskle
  • Pie 1

My biggest concern is the left side of the Oline. If we are planning on playing Williams at LT and Van Roten at LG it will not end well

• Pie 1

yall need to quit bitching about the preseason. We didn't even have most of our starters. It's the second game. Guys are trying to make the roster. Now when a bunch of backups go out and beat starters like last week in Chicago, that's a good thing.

17 hours ago, GoPanthers123 said:

I got the same impression.  It was an embrassing game to watch.  

I was excited that Curtis was open several times. But not so excited when Allen short hopped it and Grier sent one way over his head.

Edited by panthers55