Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

mc52beast

Rivera makes coaches most likely to get fired list

We will make the playoffs this year.  What is interesting is how there is a change in team thinking to long term, instead of running CMC into the ground they are scouting for another RB to share the carries.  They let go of a few ineffective vets like Captain M, and building up young talent.  There is real change in Carolina.  

• Pie 1

The whole premise is if we have another losing season then Ron is gone.  Duh!!

With the talent we have, if we don't make the playoffs then a lot of folks will be gone including lots of players including possibly Cam, Olsen and all the one year contracts.  On the same huddle page we have one article saying we could win it all and another saying if we don't make the playoffs there will be significant blood letting and Ron will be first. Hence the pressure and expectations on the Panthers this year.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 4

It’s kind of crazy that he’s equally likely to win Coach of the Year for a third time as he is to get fired, and almost all of it rides on if Cam is healthy.

Edited by TN05
  • Pie 5

I think Rivera is one of the most inconsistent coaches in the NFL and I'm not surprised to see him on this list

• Pie 5

Honestly, any coach who has seasons without his starting QB should get a pass on those seasons.  QB is far too important to the success of any NFL team.  It sorta sucks that this is true, but, that's where we are in the NFL now.  The increased emphasis on higher scoring and increasingly punitive rules focused on making defense less capable of making an impact have created the situation where only teams with outstanding QB's really have a chance.

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, PanthersFanNY said:

3 winning seasons out of 8 with Cam and Luke in their primes.

If he makes it 3/9 this year he deserves to be fired. 

Cam and Luke were in their primes all 8 seasons of their careers?

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 4

16 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Cam and Luke were in their primes all 8 seasons of their careers?

Especially when this year is Luke's eighth year.

• Pie 1