Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Anybodyhome

Reality Check- Why Don't Trumpers Ever Respond to Lies?

Trump said that he will not allow foreign countries to disrespect him or the US. He said that things were different under Obama, who was treated "so badly," and he cited an example: "President Obama: when they wouldn't let him land in the Philippines."
Facts First: Obama was never prevented from landing in the Philippines. Rather, Obama called off a planned meeting with President Rodrigo Duterte in 2016 after Duterte delivered a profane and insulting rant about him.

Trump said that President Harry Truman wanted to buy Greenland from Denmark, which is true. But he also said, "President Truman said, 'What about Greenland?' And he talked about it very openly and it was a big deal at the time."
Facts First: Truman was not open about his desire to purchase Greenland. As the Washington Post reported, Truman's 1946 offer to Denmark, $100 million in gold, "didn't become public knowledge until 1991, when a Copenhagen newspaper came across declassified documents in the National Archives."

"I am the one that kept the families together. OK? You remember that, right? Just remember I said it. And now it gets even better. President Obama and others brought the families apart. But I'm the one who kept the families together," Trump said.
Facts First: Trump did not inherit an Obama policy of routinely separating migrant children from their parents. Separations were rare under Obama. Trump made them standard.

"Somebody said, 'It's Trump's trade war.' This isn't my trade war. This is a trade war that should've taken place a long time ago by a lot of other presidents," Trump said.
Facts First: This is nonsense. As is obvious, Trump initiated the trade war with China. He defended his decisions in this very exchange with reporters, saying the conflict needed to happen because China has long taken advantage of the United States.

-------------------------------------------------

Liar in Chief

either they're stupid and don't understand the lies, or they're smart and love the lies

Trump appeals to people without critical thinking skills, all they know is they are republican and this is my team and im rolling with it, add that with a healthy dose of Fox News and boom Crazy. 

• Pie 1

Like others stated, Trumpsters are on average fairly low on the IQ charts.   Just look around these forums.     They are easily brainwashed and manipulated.   And not to offend people but super religious people are usually on the lower end of IQ as well.    It all adds up.    Notice I'm saying Trumpers, not all the people that call themselves republicans.

• Pie 1

They simply don’t care. Liar liar pants on fire , he’s their man. Doesn’t matter to them. 

tunnel vision...walking with blinders on....turning a blind eye.

whatever it's called, they just don't to know. too embarrassed for those with any conscience or ability to truly see him with discernment. 

people who have a shred of integrity who support him don't want to admit that their integrity might have been compromised ("how could I have been so blind?"). even when they were voting, I heard many call him the lesser of two evils. i would always counter with a vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil. now these same people are, i'm convinced, seeing just how despicable a person he really is and are a bit embarrassed and trying to justify and even going so far as to call him unfairly judged and persecuted to try and cover the crappy decision they made. 

then there's just scummy people who like him because he's just like them and they feel it legitimizes their particular type of scum. that's why so many white supremacist and misogynists are coming out of the closet. he makes it ok to be a crappy human and if you get called out....if you have his back, he'll have yours. it's the whole birds of a feather thing. they've got each others backs. as long as you bow to the orange idol and end up getting caught doing something horrible, he'll go to twitter for you.

• Pie 2