Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

I've always been a 3-4 skeptic but today further cemented my belief. It's far too susceptible to the run, particularly up the middle. On top of that, the benefit of a 3-4 is better pass defense with more ways to bring pressure and only 3 down on the line, so an added defender covering underneath if you opt to rush three and drop 8. 

What we saw today was that without the refs calling holds, we get gashed on the ground. And we're letting guys open similar to last season. Meanwhile, our receivers are consistently blanketed.

Everybody got excited for this new look d, but aside from better pressure, I'm not seeing anything good.

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What does 3-4 have to do with our OL? Because right now, OL is looking like our Achilles heel.

For sure, last year our OL was horrible and we did take a step forward but apparently a small step forward.

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What does 3-4 have to do with our OL? Because right now, OL is looking like our Achilles heel.

Oh I know but that's been stated. Haven't seen much about the reality of our D because the glaring offensive issues so far and Burns being a stud

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Games are won and lost in the trenches, and the OL looks like a trench that was turned into a latrine. 

3-4, 4-3 with the same coaching getting the same results. I hope that we can get it together and perform in regular season but our dress rehearsal was garbage...

Edited by PantherPhann89

The problem is Ron. 4-3 last year the players were too undisciplined to main gap control. Its one common denominator here. Does Ron even coach in TC? It seems his coordinators and assistants does everything which is why the performance suck on game-day. With Washington coaching we've already lost.

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Except we were getting gashed last season using the 4-3 too.

Like I've said before if you change the formation  but send out the same bums you'll get the same bum results

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

Like I've said before if you change the formation  but send out the same bums you'll get the same bum results

So now we have bums on defense...

• Pie 2

The first year in a new scheme for any team is always shaky.  No different for us.  We probably won't get a good read on our D until mid season.  I expect they'll have good games and terrible games this year.  A lot will depend on injuries as we are pretty thin everywhere but D line and OLB.  The hope was (is?) that the offense can carry us a bit.  That's becoming questionable with the potential injury to Cam and the performance of our O line.

• Pie 2