Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

thebigcat

Real talk, would you sit Cam Week 1?

If the injury is more serious than what they have said and playing him would cause it to get worse, then yeah, I'd sit him.  I'm optimistic that that is not the case and he will be fine and ready to go, and lets be real, it doesn't matter to Rivera either way - Cam is playing. 

28 minutes ago, joemac said:

I'm gonna come back and say I told you so once Cam plays Week 1 and we win after dropping 30 plus points.

Cam will be running for his life when Aaron Donald comes after him if Oline cannot protect him. SO how will we win with 30 points.

Edited by PantherOnTheProwl1523

I'd sit him, not going to happen though.  So, best case is we run a gameplan that is heavy on the run and screen.  Don't give the Rams a chance to touch Cam.  If we are still close in the 2nd half and Cam is feeling fine, open it up a little.

28 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Cam will be running for his life when Aaron Donald comes after him if Oline cannot protect him. SO how will we win with 30 points.

Well poo, big bad Aaron Donald is coming Week 1....guess we might as well not even show up!  The game is over before its even been played!  

It's unlikely Cam finishes the game against the Rams, let alone the season. Honestly feeling pretty hopeless about this season. Another year of Rivera-ball fellas! Hard to get hyped when your coach and all your favorite players have CTE brain damage.

Edited by hepcat

19 minutes ago, CatTower said:

I'd sit him, not going to happen though.  So, best case is we run a gameplan that is heavy on the run and screen.  Don't give the Rams a chance to touch Cam.  If we are still close in the 2nd half and Cam is feeling fine, open it up a little.

Do you think that the Rams are going to come and rip Cams arms off or something?  If he gets sacked a couple times, he gets sacked a couple times.  Not really a big deal.  Our QB's are going to take their fair share of sacks this year.  Football players get tackled.  Aaron Donald is not a murderer or the Terminator.  It will be okay.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, BlazeCarolina said:

The problem with this thinking is you are putting the Rams game up against the rest of the season.  We aren't guaranteed to beat the Rams WITH Cam.  Just let that one go.  Cut a finger, save the hand.  

Personally, I would rather feel better about weeks 2-16 than feel slightly better in week 1 while being nervous the entire game.

The Rams aren't world beaters. We didn't score any points against the Eagles for 4 quarters last season and came back and won the game. We saw Cam for 3 series and assume this is what it's going to be like all season.

Fun Fact: WE WILL BEAT THE FUGGING RAMS BECAUSE SUPER BOWL LOSERS ALWAYS DROP OFF. 

As long as Cam keeps running around and bailing on pressure instead of throwing into it, it won't matter who we play. Every rush gets pressure if you hold it long enough. If he is healthy he should play. This is the regular season not preseason. If he can't stay healthy we need to figure it out now 

• Pie 2

Just now, CPcavedweller said:

The Rams aren't world beaters. We didn't score any points against the Eagles for 4 quarters last season and came back and won the game. We saw Cam for 3 series and assume this is what it's going to be like all season.

Fun Fact: WE WILL BEAT THE FUGGING RAMS BECAUSE SUPER BOWL LOSERS ALWAYS DROP OFF. 

If you listened to some people around here, you would think that we are somebody like McNeese State and we have Alabama coming to town or something.  

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

It's unlikely Cam finishes the game against the Rams, let alone the season. Honestly feeling pretty hopeless about this season. Another year of Rivera-ball fellas! Hard to get hyped when your coach and all your favorite players have CTE brain damage.

Cam's injuries have caused this not Rivera. He doesn't even run the offense, Norv does and no,  Norv is his own mind and by all accounts run the offense as he sees fit. But you are right about another year of trying to scheme around Cam's inability to stay healthy.

Edited by panthers55

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

If you listened to some people around here, you would think that we are somebody like McNeese State and we have Alabama coming to town or something.  

Are you from Louisiana, perhaps? 

I always liked the Appalachian State reference in The Longest Yard. Lo and behold, later that year, App went out and beat Michigan. 

Alas, the Rams are not Alabama and the Panthers are not McNeese State. The Rams are the Rams, coming off of a Super Bowl where they scored 3 points, against a team using the same style of defense we now have. We have the same athletes the Patriots have on defense and one of the Top 5 defensive minded coaches in the league. 

So long as Cam is kept upright, I foresee a 16-10 type Panthers win in this game. CMC goes 100+ rushing and receiving, Samuel gets his going, Olsen has 50+ yards and a TD, we start the season right. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, thebigcat said:

Given his struggles last year with lingering injury. I'm not opposed to sitting Cam Week 1 against Aaron Donald / Wade Phillips. It was a game that we're likely 7 point dogs to begin with.

Rest Cam, 3.5 weeks off and he'll be ready for week 2. This also gives us a clear opportunity to see if we have anything with Allen as our #2

it's a long season, I want management to be smart with Cam for a change

You were wearing your Tom Brady jersey last night, weren't you?