Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

Eh, I think the defense has looked pretty damn good

Agreed. I’ve posted the same thing in a few threads but idk how you can complain about a defense that held the defending champs to 10 points.

I liked the way the DBs tackled for the most part.  The linebackers aren't shedding blocks as they need too and down linemen are trying so hard to get pressure they are undisciplined in their run fits too often getting washed out. Still you can tell the difference when Shaq and Kuechly are in. They both need to stay healthy

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, LegioX said:

What i saw was a defense that didn't get a single ounce of pressure on Brady. You call that good?

I think they could have if they really planned for it. 

• Pie 2

With the first string, too many of our down linemen getting pushed off their gap assignments.  2nd level had too many missed tackles.  This kind of play will lose us a lot of games.

Eh they looked decent. We are getting gashed in the run game. The new hybrid looks are showing lots of space for backs to work with. Hopefully that is cleaned up with gameplanning and Luke returning to form.

• Pie 1

Belicheck doesn’t go into anything without winning as the object... backups or no backups.

thats the culture difference. You fight like you practice... 

• Pie 3

Actually none of the Patriots running backs outside of Bolden with 3 carries got more than 3.8ypc,.. most got under 2.

The big plays skew those numbers,.. 

thats what hurt,.. giving up big gash runs

otherwise they stopped the run pretty consistently.

actually holding them to 300 yards to total offense and 10 points is a great defensive win.

our offense is like the Bills last year,..

• Beer 1

They did give up 17 first half points at home to Buffalo. 

Edited by ellis
  • Pie 1

We must be watching different things. If Washington has full control of defense - we not making the playoffs. Guaranteed! 

I bet they didn't show anything on purpose but wanted guys to play better straight up one on one. I would bet you Washington is calling some games now to get practice (being coached up) but RR takes over game 1. That would also keep any tendencies RR has secret until the season. 

Another reason RR probably liked vets over rookies is they catch on faster to the schemes. This will take a little time so let's hope we squeak by the Rams to get to the Bucs and Cards so our defense can get in a rhythm. Even though I am encourage with the new defense I had a feeling it would take a little time to gel.

• Pie 2