Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Saca312

Meanwhile, Falcons have some kicker woes.

Seems like we're not the only ones who have a kicking debacle in the NFC South.

The Falcons have signed Blair Walsh after their Matt Bryant replacement went 4/8 in the preseason, shanking a 30 yarder to boot. And, well, that's also not going good for them.

Well, there you have it. More kicker controversies in the NFC South.

• Pie 1

Joey Slye.

I’m not saying, I’m just saying. They probably give him a good look if he gets cut.

Edited by ellis

I'm not sure I'd call our kicker situation a "debacle" considering how Slye has kicked in the preseason. Hell, this may turn out to be a blessing in disguise for us.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not sure I'd call our kicker situation a "debacle" considering how Slye has kicked in the preseason. Hell, this may turn out to be a blessing in disguise for us.

Could be if we don't make the right decision.

Won't lie. I'm nervous.

If we let Slye walk for nothing after what transpired with Butker we deserve to be a laughingstock.

Edited by TheRed
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Slye going to the Falcons and being bad / mediocre? Obviously, I could live with that.

Slye going to the Falcons and being great, though? That is some serious high octane nightmare fuel.

I wouldn't even care if we traded him for an above average draft pick. Seeing a guy we let go make a division rival better for the next decade would be awful. Every kick he made against us would be like a personal kick in the balls.

• Pie 1

59 minutes ago, ellis said:

Joey Slye.

I’m not saying, I’m just saying. They probably give him a good look if he gets cut.

With our luck with kickers, we will cut Slye and Atlanta will pick him up.  And we will spend what will seem an eternity discussing keeping Gano over better options like Butker and Slye.  

Just saying. 

24 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Slye will be here and Ganono will be on IR 

Best case scenario... Gano to IR, Slye kicks well, Gano released next offseason, Slye signed to a more reasonable contract.

• Beer 1

Best case scenario is Gano is good for the season, we trade Slye to the Bears for a fourth rounder and the Falcons start wondering if anyone still has Morten Anderson on speed dial. 

Edited by Khyber53
  • Pie 1

46 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Best case scenario is Gano is good for the season, we trade Slye to the Bears for a fourth rounder and the Falcons start wondering if anyone still has Morten Anderson on speed dial. 

I have a hard time buying that as the best option.

Even if Gano is good for this season, realistically speaking how many more years has he got?

Slye beating him out and becoming a reliable kicker for far longer (and far cheaper) sounds like a way better option to me.

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Worst case scenario is the Panthers force Gano out on the field, he sucks and the Panthers become desperate for a reliable kicker, but Slye signs with the Falcons, and becomes one of the best kickers in the league. 

Knowing the Panthers, the latter is MUCH more likely

13 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I have a hard time buying that as the best option.

Even if Gano is good for this season, realistically speaking how many more years has he got?

Slye beating him out and becoming a reliable kicker for far longer (and far cheaper) sounds like a way better option to me.

There's one thing we don't really know about Slye yet. When he misses a kick in a game (and it will happen, no one remains perfect), will he be able to come back in a clutch moment and make the next one? It's a big deal and resiliency is one of the most important traits in a kicker.

But hey, whatever floats your boat.