Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

Are you more nervous about this game or the Rams game?

If we can beat the Bucs at home in prime time then it will likely begin legitimate talks of Rons ouster. So now this game has far larger implications than last weeks. 

20 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This one. I knew the Rams were a damn good team. We played them close and came up short. The biggest difference was the turnovers and those largely came down to the luck of the draw with the fumble recoveries.

The Bucs are a team we SHOULD beat and nearly 90% of the teams that start out 0-2 miss the playoffs. Tomorrow night is about as huge as a week 2 game gets IMO.

Bullshit, LG.

The Panthers could have won the Rams game had they not made a conscious effort to use this as the "get the rust off" or "tune up" game for Cam and several other starters who sat the entire preseason. I said this before- one of the reasons the Patriots have 6 rings is because they treat every game as though it's for real. There's a level of expectation and in a league where every week matters, and the Carolina Panthers basically approached Week 1 as though it were Week 5 of the preseason. 

Somebody thought it would be a good idea to not allow Newton and several other starters to not run, pass or catch in game situations until the regular season started. Bad fugging idea. 

41 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Bullshit, LG.

The Panthers could have won the Rams game had they not made a conscious effort to use this as the "get the rust off" or "tune up" game for Cam and several other starters who sat the entire preseason. I said this before- one of the reasons the Patriots have 6 rings is because they treat every game as though it's for real. There's a level of expectation and in a league where every week matters, and the Carolina Panthers basically approached Week 1 as though it were Week 5 of the preseason. 

Somebody thought it would be a good idea to not allow Newton and several other starters to not run, pass or catch in game situations until the regular season started. Bad fugging idea. 

All I'm saying is losing a close game to one of the best teams in the league last year when we didn't even play particularly well and were -2 in the turnover battle and had some crucial calls go against us is no reason to panic. That's usually a recipe for getting blown out.

Losing to the Bucs at home to start 0-2 IS cause for at least mild panic. 

Edited by LinvilleGorge