Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

PhillyB

Pause here to consider the possibility the panthers are better than you think

Ron would coach the 85 bears to 8-8. The problem is not primarily the players, other than Cam. Cam has been killed over the years. 

Edited by Ornias
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

DL is a bunch of animals

I'm going to seriously have to disagree with this part. We barely got any pressure on Jameis until one drive at the end of the game against a Bucs OL that got destroyed in week 1.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

We may improve, but right now no we aren't. You are what your record says you are. We're 0-2.

to that point, we lost those games by a combined four points. ron is ass in close games, but one or two less stupid plays or better calls refs and we're plucky 2-0

4 minutes ago, Bartin said:

I'm going to seriously have to disagree with this part. We barely got any pressure on Jameis until one drive at the end of the game against a Bucs OL that got destroyed in week 1.

jameis played very well last night, particularly in navigating the pocket, which got mangled repeatedly from the inside.

• Pie 3

I'm generally a dyed in the wool optimist, even in the worst seasons, but they are going to have to show me something amazing to believe. 

What did I see that was amazing last night? A geriatric Greg Olsen posting over 100 yards receiving. Curtis Samuels looking like the guy we hoped he would be. Brian Burns authoring the first of many sacks in his career. A defense getting that rarest of scores, a safety when we desperately needed it. A QB throwing for over 300 yards.

And I saw an inexplicable loss.

Forget showing me something amazing, let me ask for something really, really difficult. Show me a win.

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

to that point, we lost those games by a combined four points. ron is ass in close games, but one or two less stupid plays or better calls refs and we're plucky 2-0

If you coach every game to be a 1 score affair, you better be damned good in 1 score games.

Ron Rivera is not.

• Pie 8

2 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

poo man I was there too should have hit you up.

ah damn. it was a last minute thing, @OneBadCat hooked me up with tickets like a bro 

• Pie 2

I hope you’re right Philly. Like I said Cam threw what was probably the game winning touchdown to Samuel, but fell short because the offensive line got dominated. 

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

Ifs and buts. Only the losers make excuses. 

Close games are generally the norm in the NFL. Only five teams in the entire NFL had average scoring margins in excess of a one possession game (8 points) last season 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

The problem is we are already playing catch up after 2 home losses, 1 against a division rival. All true fans can project their team winning under different circumstances but how realistic is that?

Our defense has 4 sacks and 1 interception in 2 games, giving up 47 points. It is not elite.

• Pie 1