Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Mr. Scot

If we learned that Newton is indeed "sick of football"...

1 minute ago, mc52beast said:

The only thing I could justify this with is what he said about being tired of being injured and the fact that we aren’t seeing the same jovial Cam that we normally see

You can see the frustration is getting to him and him saying he needs to look at himself in the mirror probably says a lot about where he is right now too.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

I sometimes wonder how much I'd care if the team wasn't a hometown team, to be honest.    Anyone else ever think about that?

Living in North Carolina is why I'm a Carolina Panthers fan 

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Cam hasn't looked like the same Cam for a few weeks. He was looking like he had a lot of his mojo back at training camp, but he doesn't look like he's got the same fire anymore.

I think luck retiring has probably done a lot to plant this seed in people's heads and could have given Cam reason to reconsider his commitment to the game. Him being hurt probably hasn't helped anyone jumping to this possibility either.

Someone posted a preseason video of Newton that has some saying he didn't sound like himself.

I haven't watched it, but I've been meaning to.

20 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

In general, but more specifically the Panthers.  Pro football is just not that much fun to watch anymore.

Just had a twitter link to a GMFB session where they are promoting an NFL show about four female NFL owners.  They had on the producer of the show to talk about it.  Was just about to move on when I notice the producer is Roger Goodell's wife.  

Count me in with those just about sick of football and the way it is being managed.

But I'll be watching Sunday.

• Beer 2

Agreed... You KNOW people are gonna read it and say "OHH CAM IS SICK OF FOOTBALL!  DEY SED ITZ ON DA HUDDLESZ!!"""

Edited by CBDellinger

13 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Does someone who feels like a rookie state that he’s tired of being injured? Have you not noticed the difference between the old Cam and what we have today .... 180 degrees difference 

Yeah, because we all know the best time to talk to a football player is right after a loss. 

Cam looked excited before the TB game. But all of a sudden, he done. I love this place.

Why do ya'll have to keep making these embarrassing threads?

Nothing but potshots. Why would any QB we draft want to play here?

Edited by TheRed
  • Pie 1

Just now, CBDellinger said:

Agreed,... You KNOW people are gonna read it and say "OHH CAM IS SICK OF FOOTBALL!  DEY SED ITZ ON DA HUDDLESZ!!"""

Except there's a question intrinsic to the discussion.

Do you blame him?

7 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Just a few weeks ago Cam said he felt like a rookie again. But all of a sudden he "Has lost interest".

An accurate description of manic-depressive behavior.

If it's just a sprained foot he will be back soon....and let's hope that's what it is.

6 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Why push this narrative?

It helps if you're able to differentiate between a narrative and a question.

For example, "what would you say" is an example of a question.

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Why do ya'll have to keep making these embarrassing threads?

Boredom and pie. It's a hell of a drug.

Its everything from the lack of physical defense, to refs calling games crooked, to our inept organization that doesnt have the balls to rebuild..    Ron should have been gone last year.   I watched much more football 5-6 years ago when it was interesting and defenses COULD PLAY.  Nfl has really poo the bed with the referees and rules.  I cant remember a time where refs had more impact on the game than now.  They need to focus on getting it right and not upholding the obvious bad calls they already  fuged up.  

• Beer 2