Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

Never forget, Everything happening now was always a known possibility/probablitity

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I really don't understand why we didn't at least inquire about Josh McCown this offseason.

This would have been prudent.

I really don't understand why we didn't at least inquire about Josh McCown this offseason.

Bad franchises make bad moves.  Awful franchises make no moves.

How could you not look into Tyrod or Chase Daniel LAST off season?

Still think that in and of itself is a fireable offense.  Nah....we good.

Just now, L-TownCat said:

Bad franchises make bad moves.  Awful franchises make no moves.

Technically, we did make a move.

We decided Kyle Allen counted as a "veteran backup".

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He was “retired” just like Ryan Kalil. 

I don’t fault them for trying to peruse retired players, because it’s usually a large lump of money that brings them back.

there really wasn’t that many FA QBs they were backups that are quality this past season

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Technically, we did make a move.

We decided Kyle Allen counted as a "veteran backup".

He was already on the team.  Status Quo achieved.

3 minutes ago, Paintballr said:

He was “retired” just like Ryan Kalil. 

I don’t fault them for trying to peruse retired players, because it’s usually a large lump of money that brings them back.

there really wasn’t that many FA QBs they were backups that are quality this past season

He didn't retire until mid-June, unretired as soon as the Eagles called him.

Plus he played for us in 08-09. Hurney would be familiar with him.

Super Bowl trophy or gtfo Rivera and staff. Probably Hurney too, even though I do believe he’s done a better job this time around. Still not good enough though. 

2 hours ago, steven8989 said:

They better try and get Eli that's their only chance. He is better than what we have as backups. I would like to have chances to win but it won't happen with those guys. I just don't want to give up on a season this early but I guess that's what is going to happen.

I don’t think Tepper would let them give away future picks for washed up veteran players this year. They assembled their team before the season started and are probably on a short leash as far as mortgaging our future goes.

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I don’t think Tepper would let them give away future picks for washed up veteran players this year. They assembled their team before the season started and are probably on a short leash as far as mortgaging our future goes.

Agreed, if I'm Tepper, I'm not mortgaging this team's future for a staff that failed to prepare for something a blind man could see coming from 100 miles away. 

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Give me 2-12 over the 4-10 with McCown. 

• Pie 1

I thought you would be excited for your boy Grier. Wasn't he suppose to be the answer at backup?

We just changing the narrative today since Grier looked like trash in the preseason?

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

How do you know we didn't ?  Maybe we did and he wanted to be guaranteed the starting position.  Would you have made that deal ?

• Pie 1