Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER

albert breer reported that the panthers had grier ahead of kyler murray on their board

14 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

so why isn’t he ready to go?

At this point I have to question his mental ability.

Also, what's up with that beard?

• Pie 2

The entire offense is finitely designed around 22+ the misdirection that stems from a healthy Newton. 

5 minutes ago, ellis said:

The entire offense is finitely designed around 22+ the misdirection that stems from a healthy Newton. 

How many other teams are building their offense around a single back?

Even the Rams picked up CJ Anderson off the street last year and still racked up yards. Yes they obviously have a capable OL, but scheme, and more importantly, innovation from a coach like McVay make a huge difference.

Guys like Norv Turner are fine if you're looking to develop a quarterback. But as far as scheming and playcalling we need an upgrade. Preferably someone still in the mindset of coaching and approaching the game of football in this decade and not the 90's or 80's. Time for harsh truths all around. Guys like Ron and Norv aren't getting it done anymore. The league is changing. If they can't dial up a competent game against Arizona of all teams, the writing is on the wall.

Edited by TheRed

It’s doubtful we even had Murray on our board because he was a sure first rounder. The reason you hear these reports is because Grier was probably top of our board starting in round 3 so anyone above him was likely ignored. Therefore it’s not a lie for the reporter to say Grier was above Murray.

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, Ship said:

It’s doubtful we even had Murray on our board because he was a sure first rounder. The reason you hear these reports is because Grier was probably top of our board starting in round 3 so anyone above him was likely ignored. Therefore it’s not a lie for the reporter to say Grier was above Murray.

Don't bring logic into this thread, this is where mongoloids go to circle-jerk and spout drivel

• Pie 1

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

this is where mongoloids go to circle-jerk and spout drivel

No that's every thread about Newton. Which I've noticed you've been suspiciously absent from despite all your hand wringing defending Grier.

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

No that's every thread about Newton. Which I've noticed you've been suspiciously absent from despite all your hand wringing defending Grier.

I appreciate you tracking my movements. Figured you had the "jump in every thread and defend Cam" game cornered, but I was considering replying to you after Thursday with "how do you think Cam played?" just to do to you what you do to me. 

I can't really defend a nine-year veteran from struggling but it's nowhere near all his fault. Pretty sure I've said that before.

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, Ship said:

Unfortunately, this is likely true, as we have a VERY stupid front office.  I totally agree with you, they likely didn't even have him on the board.

Now let's look real quick at a capable, some even say smart front office.

Kansas City had the 27th pick the year that Mitchell, Watson, and Mahomes came out.  No way they were thinking about moving up from the back of the draft to try to get a QB of the future, right?  That would seem to be outlandish, and possibly even conduct unbecoming.

Fast forward only a couple of years...............................................

Now, I'm in no way saying that Kyler is or will be as good as Mahomes, but to not even take that into consideration, with your QB coming off surgery, hitting 30, not able to participate in offseason activities, and just had his season cut short due to another throwing shoulder issue....does that seem like a good idea?  To completely remove a QB from your board just because you were sitting at 16 (should have been 8 or whatever, but who's remembering that stupid poo)?