Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER

albert breer reported that the panthers had grier ahead of kyler murray on their board

8 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I appreciate you tracking my movements. Figured you had the "jump in every thread and defend Cam" game cornered, but I was considering replying to you after Thursday with "how do you think Cam played?" just to do to you what you do to me. 

I can't really defend a nine-year veteran from struggling but it's nowhere near all his fault. Pretty sure I've said that before.

Did I critique Grier's intelligence or his desire to play football?

At a minimum at least half the discussions about Newton are related to clothing, or his "desire" to play the game. As if diving into and over end zones for the majority of his career means he wasn't actually into football all this time.

Anyways. Looks like you're going to get the chance eventually to go to bat for your boy. Question is will Allen survive behind this OL? Seems inevitable Grier will start at some point.

Edited by TheRed

3 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Did I critique Grier's intelligence or his desire to play football?

At a minimum at least half the discussions about Newton are related to clothing, or his "desire" to play the game. As if diving into and over end zones for the majority of his career means he wasn't actually into football all this time.

Anyways. Looks like you're going to get the chance eventually to go to bat for your boy. Question is will Allen survive behind this OL? Seems inevitable Grier will start at some point.

Dude, I don't care what they say about Cam. Why do you? The world is full of morons.

I'm a huge Cam fan and I think he'll come back better. And if Grier starts, I'm sure this place will be worse than it's ever been. He could throw for 260 and 3 TDs but he'd still suck according to the pea-sized brains on here. So I don't worry much about what they say anymore. You should do the same.

51 minutes ago, Bronn said:

At this point I have to question his mental ability.

Also, what's up with that beard?

How he gonna be Touchdown Jesus and not have a beard? 

• Pie 2

47 minutes ago, Ship said:

It’s doubtful we even had Murray on our board because he was a sure first rounder. The reason you hear these reports is because Grier was probably top of our board starting in round 3 so anyone above him was likely ignored. Therefore it’s not a lie for the reporter to say Grier was above Murray.

30 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Don't bring logic into this thread, this is where mongoloids go to circle-jerk and spout drivel

“Speaking of long-held affections, the Panthers’ love for local kid Will Grier was well-documented. How much did they love him? I’m told he was the third-ranked quarterback on Carolina’s board, behind only Lock and Haskins.”

6 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Dude, I don't care what they say about Cam. Why do you? The world is full of morons.

I'm a huge Cam fan and I think he'll come back better. And if Grier starts, I'm sure this place will be worse than it's ever been. He could throw for 260 and 3 TDs but he'd still suck according to the pea-sized brains on here. So I don't worry much about what they say anymore. You should do the same.

The world might be full of morons, but they don't just post on message boards. Some are even elected to the highest office in the country.

Unfortunately I think we are seeing the last of Cam Newton with the Panthers. Sometimes you just can't ignore what's right in front of you. There's a slim possibility we could maybe squeeze another season out of him, but the end is near. We've depended on him to be the guy for far too long. Now it's time for others to step up.

11 minutes ago, TheRed said:

If our OL does not improve we are going to need a QB corps the size of an MLB pitching staff to get through the season.  I have more than enough fingers to count the number of pockets I saw maintained against the Bucs. 

Of course, countering the constant blitzing into that porous OL by going empty backfield did not help.  Our protection scheme seems to be to tell the QB to run faster.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

Probably thought those guys would be likely to drop or not be in the 1st, so more attainable. Neither of those guys are starting for their teams either with worse options than Cam as the starter. Lock was basically red shirted. Murray was known league-wide to be the 1st pick. At that point it doesn’t matter if he’s on the board or not.

1 minute ago, Ship said:

Probably thought those guys would be likely to drop or not be in the 1st, so more attainable.

then they were as wrong on that as they were on grier. but you know in your heart hurney thought grier was a top 3 quarterback just like he thought clausen was a first round talent

8 minutes ago, TheRed said:

The world might be full of morons, but they don't just post on message boards. Some are even elected to the highest office in the country.

Unfortunately I think we are seeing the last of Cam Newton with the Panthers. Sometimes you just can't ignore what's right in front of you. There's a slim possibility we could maybe squeeze another season out of him, but the end is near. We've depended on him to be the guy for far too long. Now it's time for others to step up.

Well McCaffrey has proven he can step up. 209 yards against the NFC champions proves that, as does his body of work from last year.

That said, I really do believe Cam can recover and will have some solid games before this year is out.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Well McCaffrey has proven he can step up. 209 yards against the NFC champions proves that, as does his body of work from last year.

That said, I really do believe Cam can recover and will have some solid games before this year is out.

Without the presence of Cam behind center, CMC's job just got even more difficult. We know he can step up, but he can't do it alone. This staff needs to learn to utilize more than one running back. After all this is a running team. That is the identity that Ron Rivera wanted. I've watched other teams this year so far with varying degrees of success from their quarterback still manage to reach the end zone with their run game, and not just the first stringer either.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

nah it’s just a bad idea to draft an unplayable person in the 3rd round for a team that gave indications of trying to compete

On a scale from 1 to 3, many seconds of preseason practice games did it take you to arrive at the "unplayable" opinion

4 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

On a scale from 1 to 3, many seconds of preseason practice games did it take you to arrive at the "unplayable" opinion

he was inactive because he’s unplayable. or do you think we just have an embarrassment of riches behind cam? dude’s older than noted JAG kyle allen and couldn’t beat him out because he’s not better than him. a 3rd rounder should be able to step in and beat out an uninspiring udfa with 1 year of “experience” (which was really just 1 meaningless game). they’re not going to sit on someone who can compete while running a guy like kyle allen out there when he staff’s jobs are very likely on the line. kyle allen is the apparent starter because cam is injured and grier is....