Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Go DJ that's my DJ

Rivera Walks out on Media Session

Important questions missed. 

After seeing that Reid video with the 55 inch vertical jump, do you think it's possible for him to "sack" Murray without using his hands?

Also would that be considered illegal contact to the head?

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Oh, it's definitely a story, at least in Pantherland. And it's probably not a story Ron needed given everything else that's going on.

Now, if he wins on Sunday, it'll probably go away. But if he loses on Sunday, then he has to stand in front of the same reporters he walked out on having just lost a game.

I mean someone will sneeze at restaurant and someone will make it a story in today's world.  And yeah, some people will fake outrage over that. 

but really, what Ron did has been done a billion times by better and worse coaches. 

Wait, so this is honestly a "story"? Why?

Every coach/player should walk out of every press conference. It should actually be rare when someone does stay and answer the same useless question over and over for 13 minutes with a camera in their face.

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean someone will sneeze at restaurant and someone will make it a story in today's world.  And yeah, some people will fake outrage over that. 

but really, what Ron did has been done a billion times by better and worse coaches. 

I'd agree it's relatively minor, but it's relative to Ron's position.

When you're on the hot seat - and let's be real, Ron is - stuff like this isn't a good look.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd agree it's relatively minor, but it's relative to Ron's position.

When you're on the hot seat - and let's be real, Ron is - stuff like this isn't a good look.

He has a young backup QB about ready to go play a must win road game....and that is a must win for a LOT of people. 

So yeah, frankly I agree w/ Ron.  He has better things to do than entertain reporters droning on about Cam when has got nothing for them on that.   I mean, Ron can't get away w/ that every presser.  But I certainly give him that rare wiggle room to call it off.  Ron in general talks more than most coaches.   He has a lot of work to do before they fly out. 

There is a ton of stuff to bash Ron on.  But dealing w/ reporters isn't a negative of his.  I'd say today's incident is on a group of reporters who failed to recognize a situation and how good they have had it. 

It is not the question. Ron it answered once. It is the same question 6 times. The reporters can go eat a poo sandwich. Dumbasses. What the hell did they expect.

There was literally nothing new to offer on the Cam front. I know everybody wants to know more, but when you start to get the sense that nobody’s going to give you anything on that, it’s a good idea to start asking other questions.

Relevant questions. 

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

He has a young backup QB about ready to go play a must win road game....and that is a must win for a LOT of people. 

So yeah, frankly I agree w/ Ron.  He has better things to do than entertain reporters droning on about Cam when has got nothing for them on that.   I mean, Ron can't get away w/ that every presser.  But I certainly give him that rare wiggle room to call it off.  Ron in general talks more than most coaches.   He has a lot of work to do before they fly out. 

Disagree, but like I said, we'll see what happens Sunday.

11 minutes ago, ellis said:

There was literally nothing new to offer on the Cam front. I know everybody wants to know more, but when you start to get the sense that nobody’s going to give you anything on that, it’s a good idea to start asking other questions.

Relevant questions. 

Understood, but which is the better response? To just keep saying there's nothing new even though they keep asking the same questions or to turn around and walk out?

I understand it's a pain in the ass, but if we lose on Sunday and there's increased drama because of this, Ron doesn't really have anybody to blame but himself.

I love Ron as a person and he could coach the fug out of my kid's little league teams. But he's proven time and time again he can't do it at the highest level. Hurney I wouldn't fuging let drive the school bus.

4 minutes ago, ellis said:

I hear you. On to Arizona.

Said it before: I really like Ron. I just question whether he has what it takes to be an NFL head coach.

At this point, if we do lose on Sunday and he has to stand up in front of these same reporters talking about it, I'm gonna feel genuinely sorry for him in that situation, but again...

And it made the front page. And it’s getting the clicks. And so on, and so forth. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27652349/rivera-walks-reporters-cam-queries

Nobody lost today. Reporters got more clicks than they would have from another 3 or 4 redundant Cam Newton quotes from Ron. Message boards are blowing up, which is probably good for business.

Actually, someone lost today: consumers in search of perspective from the coach on their next opponent, Arizona. It’s a shame Ron walked out before he could get around to that, but it felt like very few folks (the good ones) in that room wanted any part of that discussion. 

But, hey. Look. I’ve been told Cam is all folks care about.

My mentions and DM’s tell me otherwise. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Said it before: I really like Ron. I just question whether he has what it takes to be an NFL head coach.

At this point, if we do lose on Sunday and he has to stand up in front of these same reporters talking about it, I'm gonna feel genuinely sorry for him in that situation, but again...

I don’t think Ron should’ve been brought back. I’m certainly not a big Ron supporter as far as coaching. I was in support of bringing an entire new regime after last season. But I can separate that from this particular situation and say that I don’t think he was wrong in cutting this sideshow off. I seriously doubt any of the players in the locker room see it as a sign of weakness. The reporters will push that narrative, and the fans who already hate his ass will seize upon it.

Hell, I’m in the content business myself. Nobody loves a juicy story than more then me. I don’t like censorship, and I love an open discussion. But there were bigger and better questions to ask than these. It just felt redundant and counterproductive.