Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

Question: Without Cam is this a playoff team?

34 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Kyle Allen is undefeated as a starter

There are 12 games left in the season.

If he continues his 100% COMPLETELY attainable streak of going undefeated then we will be 14-2 and win the division. 

If he goes undefeated in the regular season then OF COURSE He will continue to go undefeated into the playoffs and proceed to not lose all the way to the super bowl.

All signs point to victory. All signs point to playoffs.

Super Bowl confirmed. 

Yer a nimrod :)

Ask me after the Tampa game in 2 weeks...that game is absolutely a must win

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

48 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

If I judge by the last two games and consider your conditions of Cam not coming back this year, I could see them winning 7 or 9 games battling for final wild card spot. I have major concerns about the offense. 

1. We turnover the ball at an alarming rate. 

2. We don't generate enough chunk plays (20+yards)

3. Inconsistent pass protection 

4. Overeliance on CMC and Olsen.

Against inferior teams we can get by with a defense that is playing at a high level but if the aforementioned problems are not corrected or limited I don't see this team controlling its destiny. Will have to hope that other teams make mistakes for us to sneak into playoffs.

Ironically, we have only one int all year.  We have 7 fumbles though, with 6 of them coming from our qb's.  If we can get better in that department, wins will come a little easier I think.  

I agree we do rely on CMC to much.  But regarding Olsen, he is fourth in the number of targets among our receiving corps.  One thing that surprised me.  Samuel, Moore, and CMC have all been targeted 31 times.  Olsen 29 times.  We are doing a good job spreading the receptions around and not relying on one receiver to much.  

• Pie 3

Every game he plays, the more experience he gets and the more comfortable he becomes...seems to have all the tools to succeed. 

Certainly wouldn't be the first time this happened in the league 

It was nice to see how Kyle would react to a close and late situation, as he did against the Texans. I would say he handled himself pretty well.

They should certainly be considered a playoff contender. As always, injuries are going to be a determining factor. How will injuries affect the Panthers? How will they affect other contenders?

I have a better level of confidence that the Panther's depth is as good as I remember, in just about every position. I would, however, like to see Thomas, Bonnafin and Scarlet get more reps as they could play pivotal roles. Many times, it's the name that's not so well known that ends up turning a game, or even a season.

1 hour ago, logic1977 said:

Too early to say. Like what I have seen from Allen so far but we’ve been playing scrub teams and the defense has been lights out. 

I wouldn't call them that, exactly.  Combined record of our 3 opponents (other than Arizona) so far is 5-3.

11 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Ironically, we have only one int all year.  We have 7 fumbles though, with 6 of them coming from our qb's.  If we can get better in that department, wins will come a little easier I think.  

I agree we do rely on CMC to much.  But regarding Olsen, he is fourth in the number of targets among our receiving corps.  One thing that surprised me.  Samuel, Moore, and CMC have all been targeted 31 times.  Olsen 29 times.  We are doing a good job spreading the receptions around and not relying on one receiver to much.  

I should have clarified but part of the issue with Olsen is the number of snaps he is playing. I would like to see Ian play alongside him or take some of his reps. We have some designed plays where we run a TE screen or misdirection with Olsen in space. I rather have Ian who is faster getting some of those looks. 

• Pie 1

No because our line can't hold up. A healthy Cam with his running game and knowledge is just better than Kyle Allen. 

I've carefully read all the doubters' posts on this thread, but would offer the following, to buttress my argument that Yes, we are a contender.

Our D has gelled into one of the most formidable in the whole league, and let's not forget that D wins championships.

Our 2 losses were close games, that we probably would have won, had we had a healthy QB out there.  So, IMO, our 2-2 record is a bit misleading.  It's almost like we have a new team now.

Just as vital is that i see improvement at LT, with Little replacing Williams.  Considering we were without Trai Turner, Donte Jackson, and KK, it's amazing that their subs stepped up as they did.  Depth is something we've not enjoyed in a long time, and that and a good D gets the job done down the stretch.

Edited by bigdavis
  • Pie 2

Everything points to yes except Allen’s ball security. You’re not winning any playoff games fumbling it 3 times. Albeit he doesn’t throw picks.

Everything else about this team looks good enough imo.

sure. this is the best defense rivera has ever fielded and allen has the tools to keep the offense chugging along. in a down year for the division i think we have a shot at winning it and making some noise.

• Pie 2

With a defense playing at the elite level Carolina is, you always have a chance.

That being said, Carolina being a playoff team, imho, is more about the rest of the NFC-S than Carolina.  

How much will Brees being out hurt the Saints over the course of the season?

Will Tampa keep up this playing?