Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

NAS

Cockrell or Jackson?

I like them both, but not sure who is better.  I have been very impressed with Cockrell!

Jackson is definitely better. Cockrell got lit up against the Jags. I like Ross a lot and am not worried at all with him starting like I was with Corn last year (still want to forget that Seahawks game when Donte got hurt...), but Jackson is a no brainer.

Just now, t96 said:

Jackson is definitely better. Cockrell got lit up against the Jags. I like Ross a lot and am not worried at all with him starting like I was with Corn last year (still want to forget that Seahawks game when Donte got hurt...), but Jackson is a no brainer.

Plus, you can never have too many good DBs so in the end it's gonna be even better when Jackson comes back.  

I told you before the season started we need to extend him. He is great depth at multiple positions in the secondary. We are fortunate to have him 

Could consider playing the matchup. Cockrell seemed to show he was susceptible to speed against the Jags but is otherwise very reliable and minimizes mistakes. Line up Jackson against your receivers with elite speed and Cockrell against the rest, with whoever is left out getting plenty of reps in nickel schemes.

Wasn't long ago that all of our CBs sucked. Now we have too many to choose from. That's a problem we can live with.

• Pie 1

Cockrell plays the run better, much better. Jackson sometimes doesn’t like to tackle the RB. That is the only downside I have seen on Donte.