Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

KB_fan

Yesterday was huge in terms of NFC standings / playoff leverage

Yeah, the next four games of our schedule are the "Prove It" part of the run.

We've somehow earned a shot at the table against some bad and some tough competition, but that's a Murderer's Row of opponents coming up. 

I like our chances. It isn't even about the Kyle/Cam issue, but more about how well the entire team is playing. Things are just clicking, even considering the number of injuries. I think this may be one of the most mature, gritty ones we've ever fielded and that can take a group a long way.

• Pie 8

Once again, the NFL has conspired to have the Panthers play the very teams they are vying against for playoff position. Somehow this seems to happen every year. Coincidence?

5 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Yeah, the next four games of our schedule are the "Prove It" part of the run.

We've somehow earned a shot at the table against some bad and some tough competition, but that's a Murderer's Row of opponents coming up. 

I like our chances. It isn't even about the Kyle/Cam issue, but more about how well the entire team is playing. Things are just clicking, even considering the number of injuries. I think this may be one of the most mature, gritty ones we've ever fielded and that can take a group a long way.

The depth (Allen, Cockrell, Daley, Elliott, and yes even Vern!) has been huge.

I love too the nearly non-existent penalties.

And the team having fun. The energy is back.

Energy, fun, depth, discipline, smart football... Can take a team far!

• Pie 4

24 minutes ago, 07579394 said:

U should cap "playoff",not "standings".

WTF 4-2 just goes to no.7:crying:

I thought moving from 11th to 6th in NFC in one weekend was pretty awesome and worth highlighting.

We would have fallen to 13th with a loss.

But, Yeah. NFC-W and NFC-N are problems... 

Current NFC playoff standings:

Screenshot_20191014-103458.thumb.png.297cf24450fbd7473a742e57c21fbc05.png

Edited by KB_fan
  • Pie 2

49ers game is a measuring stick game this season , just like the Steelers game last year. Hopefully we rise to the occasion this time.

• Pie 1

Panther fans has some air in their chest now and it feels good. I'm enjoying what we're doing on the field. There are things to work on but I'm just going to enjoy this win ride, no Monday Krispy Kreme, for the moment...

Not even thinking playoffs yet.  If they keep winning that will take care of itself.  

21 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Not even thinking playoffs yet.  If they keep winning that will take care of itself.  

Understood. In most regards it's way too early.... EXCEPT had we LOST. 13th in the NFC and a 1-3 conference record would have been a huge hole to dig out of.  Yesterday's win was absolutely critical to keep us in the hunt.  Not many early season games have that much playoff leverage.

2 hours ago, KB_fan said:

Upcoming games against SF, GB, SEA & of course New Orleans will be huge!

Definitely an uphill climb, especially with Brees most likely back for both games. 

I'm 100% sure that we can do it though. GPKP!

Regardless of who our starting QB is over the next four games, if we can navigate that stretch at 2-2 or better, we stand an excellent chance of being a contender this year.  Those four teams are no joke.

7 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Once again, the NFL has conspired to have the Panthers play the very teams they are vying against for playoff position. Somehow this seems to happen every year. Coincidence?

Its either a coincidence or every single teams scedule is arranged with the panthers in mind. Which do you think is more likely?