Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Saca312

Is Kyle Allen Actually A Good QB?

24 minutes ago, ellis said:

Great work, as always. 

Appreciate it, especially coming from you.

Definitely need to proof-read and edit a bunch of grammatical qualms and wording issues, as I wrote this in about an hour.

Hopefully this serves to help clarify both my position on Allen and ultimately help everyone else understand a bit more about him.

I do seem to rag on him a lot - primarily in response to those who rag against Cam - but honestly all things considered without putting Cam in the equation he's been solid, and we should celebrate that.

Edited by Saca312
  • Pie 2

Most of the faults he seems to have are just the result of inexperience.  The kid just hasn't seen enough yet.  Consider how little football he's actually played since coming out of high school.  Very little college ball, five games as a pro plus preseason.

What encourages me is watching how much Norv / Scott have improved Cam over the last couple years.  He's grown leaps and bounds from the shoulders up.  Give Kyle Allen a couple more years under Norv / Scott and you'll have a very capable NFL starter.  He just needs experience.

• Pie 2

One thing we have to figure out, and maybe this is not the right thread for it, but short yardage situations.  This is where I feel like we miss a healthy Cam.  He used to make these almost guaranteed, which at worst kept drives alive, and lots of times helped put points on the board.  

When Cam comes back, there need to be no concerns about keeping him out of harms way. We need him diving over piles, running through LB's.  I think he needs this to get back his mojo.   Its fuging go time.  It time to win.

• Pie 6

Nice work @Saca312!  I'm not yet convinced that Allen is the future, but I am thrilled that he's holding down the fort to allow Cam to come back at 100%, not just good enough.

Don’t understand why people have to make it Cam vs Kyle. Why can’t Panther fans just be happy that we finally have a capable backup and that Cam can finally sit and get 100% healthy, if possible.

• Pie 5
  • Milkshake 1

1 hour ago, mc52beast said:

Don’t understand why people have to make it Cam vs Kyle. Why can’t Panther fans just be happy that we finally have a capable backup and that Cam can finally sit and get 100% healthy, if possible.

Wish it weren't that way tbh. Kyle Allen's doing well for his role.

1 hour ago, PantherBrew said:

One thing we have to figure out, and maybe this is not the right thread for it, but short yardage situations.  This is where I feel like we miss a healthy Cam.  He used to make these almost guaranteed, which at worst kept drives alive, and lots of times helped put points on the board.  

When Cam comes back, there need to be no concerns about keeping him out of harms way. We need him diving over piles, running through LB's.  I think he needs this to get back his mojo.   Its fuging go time.  It time to win.

I agree, but ffs, we have backs other than Cmac that could be better in such short yardage... we don't need our QB being a battering ram, regardless of who is back there.

• Pie 1

Just now, Shocker said:

If this team trades Cam we will need someone to take Saca’s shoe strings

you just read the title and not the post i assume lol.

you may be surprised.

In the career of every NFL player, there are three questions that have to be answered (in order).

1) Are they good or bad?

2) If they're good, how good?

3) However good they are, how long are they going to stay that good?

As far as Allen goes, we've answered question number one. Yes, he's good.

We're now trying to answer question number two.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 4

4 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I agree, but ffs, we have backs other than Cmac that could be better in such short yardage... we don't need our QB being a battering ram, regardless of who is back there.

I've never really been a big fan of putting quarterbacks in that role, honestly.

I get why you do it with Newton, but I'd much rather a trust that job to a power back.