Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Saca312

WOW pff stat: cam's time to throw will surprise you!

Recommended Posts

Just now, Bartin said:

Cam had a higher time to throw in 2017 and 2018 than Allen does this year. Should we cut Little and Daley and bring back Clark and Kalil? They are available. It obviously proves they are better OL, right?

I mean if you want to bring Norwell back at his All-pro level 

Sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


This is a meaningless amount of time.  The O-line has been decimated by injury while Allen has been playing.  The extra time in the pocket could just as easily have to do with blitz frequency.  Cam used to be great against the blitz, but the past year and a half he has been awful against it.

  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Cam simply made his first read and then looked to McCaffrey. Allen scans almost the entirety of the field and escapes the pocket while still scanning for receivers before dumping to McCaffrey.

this is literally the opposite of what's happening lmao

e: @Saca312 i know you're on twitter. screenshot that post and share it to the film guys lol

Edited by GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER
  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, rico6 said:

Post Kyle’s “deep ball” stats, they’re not good. 

I hate having to interject dumb fan speak to belittle Kyle, but holy poo this narrative needs to fuging die.

people post blatantly false information and when you tell them they're wrong they call you a cam only fan who just wants to bash the precious little newborn baby quarterback

  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What it means is we have two really good fits for Norv's system. One who fell short because of injury and one who may, or may not, fall short because of inexperience. The injured one is healing and inexperienced one is getting experience.

22 head coaches in the league would give their left testicle to have that set up in the QB grouping right now.

We can win with these guys. We have been winning. We will continue to win, no matter which is starting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Averages don't really tell you that much. If one quarterback gets the ball out in 2 seconds 4 times and then rolls out  and holds it for 7 seconds1 time his average is 3 seconds per pass.  If another guy holds the ball for 3 seconds 4 times and for 2 seconds one time. His average will be under three seconds. Now which one held the ball longer most of the time??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

Averages don't really tell you that much. If one quarterback gets the ball out in 2 seconds 4 times and then rolls out  and holds it for 7 seconds1 time his average is 3 seconds per pass.  If another guy holds the ball for 3 seconds 4 times and for 2 seconds one time. His average will be under three seconds. Now which one held the ball longer most of the time??

Could also have to do with strategy from the other team. Player A doesn't handle the double A gap blitz particularly well, therefore we will blitz him more, decreasing the time the ball is in his hands. Buuuuttt lets jump to conclusions based on one little tweet!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Could also have to do with strategy from the other team. Player A doesn't handle the double A gap blitz particularly well, therefore we will blitz him more, decreasing the time the ball is in his hands. Buuuuttt lets jump to conclusions based on one little tweet!!!!

Exactly. Averages often get exagerrated by outliers or limited information. Cam only played 2 games and he was hurt for both and blitzed heavily.  Hard to make many conclusions from that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

had to let my inner buzzfeed out with that title.

anyways, this actually is a pretty interesting statistic. 

i mean it does make sense. kyle allen doesn't have to deal with daryl williams at LT, making the oline infinitely better, hence why he has more time in the pocket and time to throw. cam didn't have that luxury nor did he have a good foot.

Cam Newton also plays with a HUGE tell on his shotgun snaps that lets a DL tee off and time the snap. 

Maybe fixing that helps him and the OL

I breakdown showing shotgun vs under center would be real interesting with both QBs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Exactly. Averages often get exagerrated by outliers or limited information. Cam only played 2 games and he was hurt for both and blitzed heavily.  Hard to make many conclusions from that.

and Cam had a tell on his shotgun snaps the first 2 games of the season that allowed defenses to time the snap.  If Zod can figure that out....you know NFL defenses did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

had to let my inner buzzfeed out with that title.

anyways, this actually is a pretty interesting statistic. 

i mean it does make sense. kyle allen doesn't have to deal with daryl williams at LT, making the oline infinitely better, hence why he has more time in the pocket and time to throw. cam didn't have that luxury nor did he have a good foot.

in order to determine if this is a meaningful difference we really need an idea of the distribution of values that give rise to the mean.  it would also be interesting to see how those times compare across games...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’d have to be a disingenuous fughead to not tell the OL is playing drastically better than what was displayed the first 2 weeks. Come the fug on, guys lol.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rico6 said:

You’d have to be a disingenuous fughead to not tell the OL is playing drastically better than what was displayed the first 2 weeks. Come the fug on, guys lol.

did you see the guy saying cam is a 1 read quarterback while allen carefully scans the field before checking down to mccaffrey? these people are the worst lmao

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rico6 said:

You’d have to be a disingenuous fughead to not tell the OL is playing drastically better than what was displayed the first 2 weeks. Come the fug on, guys lol.

Right but I do agree with @CRA that some of that has to do with the pre-snap activity. You have to be a disingenuous fughead to say that we haven’t gotten to the line way earlier in the snap count and that helps to align the blocking and blocking help rather than allow the DL to time the snap.

After watching the pre-snap/playclock/not wasting timeouts/no delay of games, I’m on the Cam’s fault side versus coaching. I certainly wasn’t on that side before Allen.

If Cam can improve that then I think he’d get better OL play be default. I remember seeing Williams get beat off the ball when it seemed like he wasn’t ready yet. He still sucks balls at LT but it sure would help to see where the DL and bring Olsen in tight or move Manhertz/Armah/CMC around because we have time to do that.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...