Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Untouchable

Panthers sign return guy from Jets

Based on his tape, this kid has a chance to be special. He's electrifying as a returner AND a real good receiver. We may have really struck gold with this one.

6 minutes ago, brandon_87 said:

Might as well have just kept Byrd smh

Byrd couldn't stay on the field. Otherwise, would've have love to keep him around. I hope Dortch has a chance to stick...it couldn't be any worse.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Dude was here for four years. Dude was injured in some capacity every year. At some point you have to let an injury-prone player go. Oh goodness, what do you know? He is injured right now as well.

Agree but I don’t think he’s hurt right now

6 minutes ago, Vader704 said:

In all honesty this kid is solid!!  Wake Forest fan, I’m surprised the Jets let him get away!!  I think it’s a definite upgrade 

No choice. If anyone is on a PS, any team can sign him to their active 53 roster and the other team can’t do a thing.

Personally, I don’t give a crap about his receiving skills. I just want a punt returner who isn’t making you concerned every attempt to catch a ball. 

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, t96 said:

You're right, he ended up playing last week only missing two games. It was a hamstring and I'm inclined to believe it will pop up again. But I am rooting for the guy.

13 minutes ago, brandon_87 said:

Might as well have just kept Byrd smh

So if players have similar measurables, they're the exact same players, goodness :eyeroll:

Anyhow, just hang onto the football kid and I'll be happy 

7 minutes ago, t96 said:

It looks like Byrd was limited in practice last week for the Cardinals with the hammy, but played in their game. He caught both of his targets for 60 total yards.

11 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

He didnt return punts in college did he? I think we as fans should be relieved the FO isn't forcing players in positions that arent comfortable with right?

I have no idea. I don't watch Georgia. But he had some good punt returns for us in the preseason

Awesome.  I watched tape on him and the kid from Virginia that is on Falcons PS predraft and was impressed with their return capabilities.  
Kid is a little jitterbug and will be fun to watch. Also has good hands unlike Ray Ray. 

• Beer 1