Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Untouchable

Panthers sign return guy from Jets

Got to watch Dortch a lot in college.  He is a very shifty and elusive runner, and in college showed good hands.  He had some dominant games against teams that probably were more talented overall than Wake.  While I may be wrong, I don't remember him ever dropping a punt. 

He is small though, and did have some injuries in college.  He played well for the Jets in preseason though and my guess is that the only reason he didn't make the active roster was his size.  That is probably why he didn't get drafted. 

• Pie 2

Had a great preseason with the Jets. They tried to hide him on the practice squad. Returned Punts and Kicks for Wake Forest. Was a star WR as well. Small but quick. Major upgrade from Ray-Ray. Left after Soph. year. NC State fans may remember his 4 TD game against them.

• Pie 1

The conspiracy theorist in me believes we really want a Carolina school WR on the team. (Which is why we chose Ray Ray & now Greg over Terry Godwin)

brXXrUn.gif

11 minutes ago, dpm0409 said:

So if players have similar measurables, they're the exact same players, goodness :eyeroll:

Anyhow, just hang onto the football kid and I'll be happy 

Not in all situations, but man, there is a limit to what the human body can take, I'm not saying they're all the same, but that size... At the speed these guys play at, and the size of others that are trying to crush them... It's not far fetched to assume they get hurt at that size.  Even with Byrd when we picked him up I thought he'd have a hard time playing at that size. I hope this guy can make an impact and avoid hits bettrrbetter

13 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

I have no idea. I don't watch Georgia. But he had some good punt returns for us in the preseason

He also got worse and did fumble at least once. I think he had a good preseason game 1 and that’s why people were so high on him but he really tailed off and did look sketchy on punt returns.

I’d rather go with a guy who’s done it well before than keep going or trying guys who have already shown ball control issues. Fumbles happen, but you can tell when a guy takes a great punch versus Ray Ray having adventures just catching it and then losing the ball on a normal tackle.

Absolutely great signing. Dortch is a beast, and will make a great return man for the Panthers. 

Go Deacs!!!!

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Lord knows if he drops a punt, people will be calling for his head

Not me, I’m a contrarian, I go against the grain. If he drops a punt I’ll be calling for his knee. Let him run around without one for a while, that’ll send a message to athletes who dare fail my team.

• Poo 1

46 minutes ago, brandon_87 said:

Might as well have just kept Byrd smh

Or maybe we did the right thing for him as a man and have him a chance to go have a bigger role on a different team

19 minutes ago, AceMan said:

The conspiracy theorist in me believes we really want a Carolina school WR on the team. (Which is why we chose Ray Ray & now Greg over Terry Godwin)

brXXrUn.gif

Might apply to UNC and NCSU grad's, and maybe even App State and ECU.  Wake's fan base is to small for any significant benefit. 

This kid was great, and at times dominant in college.  Remains to be seen if it will transfer to the pros.   

Edited by Davidson Deac II