Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Mr. Scot

LaCanfora: Newton could miss "multiple games"

Just now, Peppers90 NC said:

This is based off the very popular, typical notion that "wait until after bye" for people to magically heal

And the tweet from Schefter.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

And the tweet from Schefter.

That didn't help but the assumption here even a few weeks ago was the bye week was the magic week

Just now, Peppers90 NC said:

That didn't help but the assumption here even a few weeks ago was the bye week was the magic week

Granted, that speculation existed early on.

Joe Person discussing the trade question in The Athletic (subscription required)

Some have suggested the Panthers deal Cam Newton to a team with poor quarterback play — like the Bears.

It’s crazy this is even a thing — is anyone proposing a Drew Brees trade before the deadline? But, no, not happening.

For starters, Newton is not recovered from his Lisfranc injury, though on Tuesday he did begin an on-field regimen that Rivera said was his most extensive rehab work to date. Rivera’s already said Kyle Allen will start again Sunday at San Francisco while Newton continues working with the trainers to get his left foot back to or close to 100 percent.

The Panthers’ four-game winning streak with Allen at quarterback has been one of the most surprising storylines through the first half of the NFL season. And if Carolina goes on the road and beats the 6-0 Niners, it will make it even more difficult for Rivera to pull Allen for Newton.

But that doesn’t mean the Panthers should consider trading Newton.

What if Allen gets hurt? What if his ball-security issues resurface and Carolina drops a couple of games in a row?

I’m expecting to see Newton back on the field for the Panthers at some point in the coming weeks, though I think his long-term future in Carolina is still in doubt.

If the Panthers decide during the offseason to move on from Newton, they could try to trade him then. Doing so now makes zero sense.

thank god i didn't have to hear person say those things.  his voice is like cats having sex

Joe gets a lot of crap around here but I'll say this... I was at a bar in SF b4 SB50... he came over me and my friends, had a beer with us and talked to us for like 30 minutes.  He was super nice, very engaging and I left with a great impression of the guy.  Hard to knock him after that.  

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

Joe gets a lot of crap around here but I'll say this... I was at a bar in SF b4 SB50... he came over me and my friends, had a beer with us and talked to us for like 30 minutes.  He was super nice, very engaging and I left with a great impression of the guy.  Hard to knock him after that.  

I think both Person and Jourdan Rodrigue have done great work with The Athletic.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

Yeah I’ve hung with him at a bar too, good guy. David Newton and Jourdan are pretty cool too

They report things people don't always want to hear. People hated on Voth when brought up Cam not throwing the long ball well last preseason as if he was insulting him. This was before the the shoulder issue was positioned as a defense of Cam and ammo against the coaches and organization.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

They report things people don't always want to hear. People hated on Voth when brought up Cam not throwing the long ball well last preseason as if he was insulting him. This was before the the shoulder issue was positioned as a defense of Cam and ammo against the coaches and organization.

Cam makes people stupid and that goes for both sides.