Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Untouchable

Bradberry Is Going To Be Costly

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

This is not difficult to understand, jesus. 

He's a 20 mil cap hit in 2020 if he plays. Cutting him would cost 17 mil. You free up 3 mil.

In 2021, he's a 20 mil cap hit if he plays. Cutting him would be a 10 mil hit. You free up 10 mil. 

the weirdest thing is whatever is going on in 2022. I don't understand that. 

It’s guaranteed money stuck on voidable years by the restructure we just did with him. Which is exactly why he’s not being cut. You don’t restructure a player and kick money down the road if you’re planning to cut a player. 

This is simple. Are you replacing KK for 3M? That’s the question. Not the savings

4 minutes ago, Toomers said:

It’s guaranteed money stuck on voidable years by the restructure we just did with him. Which is exactly why he’s not being cut. You don’t restructure a player and kick money down the road if you’re planning to cut a player. 

This is simple. Are you replacing KK for 3M? That’s the question. Not the savings

Per the spotrac there's nothing there. That might not be correct though. 

And you don't keep players around just because you've restructured them. If they don't perform and you can save money, you cut them. KK has been disappointing since his new contract, will be coming off a season ending injury, and is on the wrong side of thirty. That's an easy decision to make. 

When did KK become irreplaceable again? I can't keep up with what this board thinks.

And there are plenty of ways to replace players. Hell by a lot of metrics Kyle Love is better than KK, and he's just getting paid 1.3 this year!

Edited by electro's horse

of course you might think that what the panthers get from a healthy 31 year old kk is more than they could get with an additional 3 m in cap space in 2020. That's fair i guess and is the point of contention. 

5 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Per the spotrac there's nothing there. That might not be correct though. 

And you don't keep players around just because you've restructured them. If they don't perform and you can save money, you cut them. KK has been disappointing since his new contract, will be coming off a season ending injury, and is on the wrong side of thirty. That's an easy decision to make. 

When did KK become irreplaceable again? I can't keep up with what this board thinks.

And there are plenty of ways to replace players. Hell by a lot of metrics Kyle Love is better than KK, and he's just getting paid 1.3 this year!

What metrics are those? Here’s some. 32BE70C2-5756-4292-BCD4-0450E3A59309.thumb.jpeg.44bb2f1cacc2581b36322f861e06b41b.jpeg

amAnd in 2018 it was 85.7. So where is this huge decline from the metrics. 

So instead of 20M for KK, you suggest we spend around 20M on a Kyle Love type. You’re spending 17M no matter what. And you think it’s better signing some reserve DT for 3M will be as good as a consistent top 20 DT. 

You really need to learn about the salary cap. 

Panthers should have around 50 million in cap space. I already looked at the free agents for 2020....woof.

That extra 3 million or however it is, does very little in cap numbers. 

Plus this year Poe is a different player, been nice to see this Poe and healthy KK cause havoc. 

Edited by Basbear

4 minutes ago, Toomers said:

What metrics are those? Here’s some. 32BE70C2-5756-4292-BCD4-0450E3A59309.thumb.jpeg.44bb2f1cacc2581b36322f861e06b41b.jpeg

amAnd in 2018 it was 85.7. So where is this huge decline from the metrics. 

So instead of 20M for KK, you suggest we spend around 20M on a Kyle Love type. You’re spending 17M no matter what. And you think it’s better signing some reserve DT for 3M will be as good as a consistent top 20 DT. 

You really need to learn about the salary cap. 

We've had several threads about these PFF numbers on kk and as far as i know the general consensus is no one knows how they get these numbers. like am i supposed to believe KK was as good in 2017 as he was in 2015, let alone better? Absolutely not. 

for the record PFF is very high on Love as well but I'm not going to pay for that. 

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Plus this year Poe is a different player, been nice to see this Poe and healthy KK cause havoc. 

I see kawann out there too, in the beauty of every sunset and the laugh of every child. 

We've had several threads about these PFF numbers on kk and as far as i know the general consensus is no one knows how they get these numbers. like am i supposed to believe KK was as good in 2017 as he was in 2015, let alone better? Absolutely not. 

for the record PFF is very high on Love as well but I'm not going to pay for that. 

Love was rated a 76.8 last year and is 56.0 this year. By the same people. 

You brought up metrics. Maybe you could show them. Or anything. Because these metrics strongly disagree with you. 

I see kawann out there too, in the beauty of every sunset and the laugh of every child. 

preach GIF

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Love was rated a 76.8 last year and is 56.0 this year. By the same people. 

You brought up metrics. Maybe you could show them. Or anything. Because these metrics strongly disagree with you. 

I mean I'm just going by things posted here all the time. You talked as if replacing kk is impossible. Real easy to replace a player who isn't playing, and keeping a dt coming off a season ending injury on the wrong side of 30 seems very hurney 1.0 to me. 

there's also draft picks. and yeah i gag a little thinking of the DTs hurney drafted during his first run, but everette brown horrified me as well and it looks like Burns is going to pan out. And also for the record Terrell McClain turned into a really good player elsewhere, weirdly enough. 

8 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

I mean I'm just going by things posted here all the time. You talked as if replacing kk is impossible. Real easy to replace a player who isn't playing, and keeping a dt coming off a season ending injury on the wrong side of 30 seems very hurney 1.0 to me. 

there's also draft picks. and yeah i gag a little thinking of the DTs hurney drafted during his first run, but everette brown horrified me as well and it looks like Burns is going to pan out. And also for the record Terrell McClain turned into a really good player elsewhere, weirdly enough. 

Then maybe you should expand you’re researching beyond this forum when stating it’s a good idea. 

You even agreed with the concept. And you’re still arguing. You don’t just flush 17M away with no replacement plan. 

And hanging around the bottom of NFL rosters doesn’t make you a good player. 

2 hours ago, electro's horse said:

The only player here the Panthers actually wanted to keep was Deon Grant, but Del Rio made sure he got paid more than Carolina could reasonably offer. 

They just let marshall walk. Dante Wesley was allowed to walk for a comp pick, then came back the following season. Manning was allowed to leave because his game had been ruined by the rule changes. 

Godfrey was given a massive extension and then run out of town. 

You must be joking about losing Sherrod Martin

The Panthers didn't want to pay Marshall and let him walk. They didn't want to pay Wesley and the same goes for Manning. You can philosophize all you want about letting someone walk versus paying them, but the bottom line is this team has never taken DBs seriously enough to open the checkbook. 

When Sherrod Martin was drafted (2nd/58th overall) he was playing with Gamble (1st round), Marshall (2nd round) and Godfrey (3rd round). Know who the starting DBs were when he left? Quintin Mikell, Mike Mitchell, Melvin White and Captain Munnerlyn.

12 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

This team, with Hurney as a GM, does not have a favorable history of keeping high price tag DBs. Not saying that can't or won't change, but ...

Not sure, but didn't Gamble get a fat contract extension before he called it quits?