Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Captain Morgan

Tuesday practice: welcome back Trai...and Shaq.

2 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

Lol, no doubt.  That 2014 line was one of the worst O-lines I’ve ever seen an NFL team put on the field.  At least in terms of tackles.  I mean... Bell and Nate Chandler? Jesus.  We see Cam make a prayer before he starts his first play of each game, but that season he was probably giving himself his last rites 

People still blaming Rivera for the line Gman dealt him. 

We could of had Gross and Smith for that 2015 season if DG had more tact.

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Gettlemagic

Bell was signed as an undrafted free agent in 2011.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I don’t think Rivera’s the coach to bring us a championship, but the fact that we were able to go 7-8-1 with that garbage is impressive.  He never went full Dan Quinn so I’ll always respect him for that.  

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think it was the fact that we were unwilling to bring in another option that bugged me the most.  He was good for an UDFA OT.  But to sit with him and Chandler and be like, “ok, these are the guys” and they sucked the whole year when everyone knew they would was the problem 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Who made the left handed comment? 

Who said the answer is on the roster in regard to replacing Gross?

You cant run from this with irrelevant comments when your boy ignored the tackle issue.

23 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

We could of had Gross and Smith for that 2015 season if DG had more tact.

We wouldn’t have had ‘15 without gettleman. End of story.

Which let me remind you he did while trying to pick up the pieces from Hurneys first mess. 

Edited by Harbingers

8 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

You cant run from this with irrelevant comments when your boy ignored the tackle issue.

“He’s done some things on the left side that he didn’t do on the right side that have been impressive,” Rivera said. “But the biggest thing we keep forgetting is, he’s a natural left-hander."

Link

And again, does nobody ever remember that Michael Oher played here?

Edited by Mr. Scot

11 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

I think it was the fact that we were unwilling to bring in another option that bugged me the most.  He was good for an UDFA OT.  But to sit with him and Chandler and be like, “ok, these are the guys” and they sucked the whole year when everyone knew they would was the problem 

Again, Michael Oher the following year.

The whole narrative that Gettleman ignored the tackle position is completely uninformed. he did have to work around a pretty restrictive salary cap situation for a while though.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Rivera made the comment about left handed. 

And with 27M in dead cap space, what were we supposed to acquire? 

And by the end of the year, we had the O-line that went 15-1 by just adding Oher. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Again, Michael Oher the following year.

The whole narrative that Gettleman ignored the tackle position is completely uninformed. he did have to work around a pretty restrictive salary cap situation for a while though.

Oher was a great signing and a big reason we went 15-1 that year.  Wish he could’ve stayed healthy.  I guess I’m extra salty because my best friend is a Philly fan and we went to the Panthers-Eagles game in Philly in 2014.  Our O Line was decimated from the get go and he’s never let me live it down.  

Better times have come.  It feels good to have actual, quality OL depth.  Let’s internet hug over our Big Uglies.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

Oher was a great signing and a big reason we went 15-1 that year.  Wish he could’ve stayed healthy.  I guess I’m extra salty because my best friend is a Philly fan and we went to the Panthers-Eagles game in Philly in 2014.  Our O Line was decimated from the get go and he’s never let me live it down.  

Better times have come.  It feels good to have actual, quality OL depth.  Let’s internet hug over our Big Uglies.

I still have questions about our current lineup.

I'll feel a lot better if Greg Little proves he can stay healthy (ditto Trai Turner) and Matt Paradis proves he can be consistent.

I do also think they're benefiting from a quick passing game, but truth be told that's probably true of a lot of lines across the league.

Turner at least practicing...its way past time for him to be on the field

is little ever going to play again?

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I still have questions about our current lineup.

I'll feel a lot better if Greg Little proves he can stay healthy (ditto Trai Turner) and Matt Paradis proves he can be consistent.

I do also think they're benefiting from a quick passing game, but truth be told that's probably true of a lot of lines across the league.

Little has shown zero indication that he can stay on the field