Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zeek

Trades

Actually surprised there isn't a little more movement. I saw where the Giants have inquired about DWill for LT. I'm pretty sure we could fleece ole Gettleman for some decent draft picks. I bet he'd give us a 2nd and 3rd rounder for Daryl. Or a straight up trade for one of their receivers or one of their starting corners/safeties.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Actually surprised there isn't a little more movement. I saw where the Giants have inquired about DWill for LT. I'm pretty sure we could fleece ole Gettleman for some decent draft picks. I bet he'd give us a 2nd and 3rd rounder for Daryl. Or a straight up trade for one of their receivers or one of their starting corners/safeties.

There isn't a WR I'd want from the Giants.  We have a couple Tate-like players and Shepherd is banged up.  They aren't giving up Engram.  Jabril Peppers might be something, he isn't killing it and Bethea is old.  I don't think we're all that weak at CB right now.  

3 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

There isn't a WR I'd want from the Giants.  We have a couple Tate-like players and Shepherd is banged up.  They aren't giving up Engram.  Jabril Peppers might be something, he isn't killing it and Bethea is old.  I don't think we're all that weak at CB right now.  

Slayton would be a great young guy. 

1 hour ago, PanthersATL said:

CBS said this as a suggestion: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/one-trade-each-nfl-team-should-make-32-different-scenarios-for-the-2019-trade-deadline/

Acquire: OT Halapoulivaati Vaitai, 2020 fifth-round pick (from Eagles)
Trade: DT Vernon Butler, 2020 sixth-round pick

Honestly, I wouldn’t want it. It’s not out of the question to think we’ll have Daley, Little, Moton and Williams or another rookie/FA backup at tackle. McCoy and Love aren’t under contract after this year and Poe and Short are really expensive. I could see keeping Poe and dumping Short since Poe has looked good this year. Short is one more year removed from dominance. We aren’t deep at DE/NT/3-4 DE in 2020 if FAs leave. 

We need to think smaller here. Our biggest weakness is o-line depth so I could see Hurney trading a 2020 6th rounder for someone like Dolphins Jesse Davis or Bengals ex-1st rounder Billy Price. 

For those saying we don’t need anyone and that teams making moves are desperate? Yeah the Pats, 9ers, and Texans reek of desperation... No they are making moves to separate themselves further from the pack. Praying off teams in tank mode. 

we should be making moves too. A WR, secondary depth, or OL depth would be the move. Those thinking we just need players to get healthy and the answer is on the roster? Meaning the practice squad? Y’all are being naive.  

yeah because the Patriots, 9ers, and Texans teams already ahead of the pack making moves don’t have practice squads too... right... 

Ron does this year in and year old. Sits back and watches other teams get better.  

make a move, add depth or a playmaker or something. Patriots are geniuses in this sense because some will say “don’t jeopardize your future with trading picks”  that’s bull crap you play every season with the goal of winning.  
I guarantee you Bill ain’t worried about that 2nd round pick he gave up for Sanu, and will also bet they will make a move to get that 2nd back when worrying about the draft comes around, after the season and prolly after the made the necessary moves to win yet another.