Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

Carolina Panthers, Cam Newton, Empty Seats, Social Media, and Branding

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There probably are a good number of fans who buy jerseys that couldn't tell you much about the guys they represent.

I wouldn't venture a percentage.

I would bet they aren’t typically buying authentic versions. 

• Pie 1

Oh yeah, and it's almost always too hold or too hot. If you ran a computational economics simulation to try to predict how many people would go to the game instead of staying home, the computer would tell you thirty-two people went to the game and the rest stayed home. It's a miracle of cultural inertia that people still attend live football at all.

Just now, rodeo said:

who is the top selling Panthers jersey?

Did a quick search for "best selling Panthers jerseys". The latest info it pulled up was as of July 19th from 247 Sports. It listed McCaffrey as the top seller, Kuechly as number two.

That may have changed since then, but I'd guess Newton's recent injuries aren't likely to have boosted his sales.

3 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Do you know where I can get cheap, high quality jerseys?

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Do you know where I can get cheap, high quality jerseys?

I know a giants fan that gets them from a Chinese website and you can’t tell the difference. Pays like $40 for what someone would typically drop $250 for. 

9 hours ago, dave-o said:

I will get poo'd but....    I deal with the public at my job all day...  The Panthers are a huge topic....  When Cam comes up in discussion a wide majority of folks say they are tired of him and his antics...  Showboating, the clothes, the general circus he brings to the table...  I admit I am one of those people...  I want him to be the best Panther ever but be more business like on the field...  Watch some of the top QB's warming up....  Its all business....  Cam runs around acting like an airplane....  Maybe I just expect more out of the face of a franchise....

Actually.  It’s the Auburn War Eagle, not a plane.....

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Did a quick search for "best selling Panthers jerseys". The latest info it pulled up was as of July 19th from 247 Sports. It listed McCaffrey as the top seller, Kuechly as number two.

That may have changed since then, but I'd guess Newton's recent injuries aren't likely to have boosted his sales.

https://www.nflpa.com/players/top-50-player-sales-list-fy20-q2

the NFLPA site lists CMC as the top Panther and Cam as the second Panther, they were the only 2 Panthers in the top 50 selling jerseys for Q2 of this year

3 minutes ago, rodeo said:

https://www.nflpa.com/players/top-50-player-sales-list-fy20-q2

the NFLPA site lists CMC as the top Panther and Cam as the second Panther, they were the only 2 Panthers in the top 50 selling jerseys for Q2 of this year

You're falling behind on the discussion here.

Are they cheap and high quality? 

3 hours ago, SmartyHurney said:

What I mean to say is, the quarterback is the face of the franchise. If we don't have a quarterback it's probably the coach, if we don't have a coach we're the Dolphins.

... at one point we had not one, but two "franchise faces", I'll never forget the Smitty era ....."ice up, son, ice up"

• Pie 1

Bottom line for me. Panthers have not built a consistent winning product in 25 years. There is no history of success, no team identity, no long term vision. Cam has been great for business, but the overall product is more than just Cam. An NFL game is about the experience and the experience the Panthers have brought more often than not is questionable effort, lackluster coaching, and being consistently inconsistent. If you want 1k bucks a week from me for a family of 4 to experience, it better be something special. Unfortunately, most of the time, it's not. 

• Flames 1

Oh but it's post bye: Other teams benefit from the rest and extra time to prepare. Why can't the Panthers?

Odds season Panthers: So the team is only allowed success once every two years? 

We're not a team that's built to come from behind: other teams defences have adjusted and completely shut down opposing offences after half time. This team with a supposed top rated defence can't?

Vice versa with offence. Superbowl Broncos already gave us the answer.

The defence gassed: The Ravens offence gave away two easy drives to the Patriots yesterday. Why didn't the defence gas? LOB Seahawks had many games where the offence did squat. Why isn't the defence constantly gassed?

We need pressure up front:Top of the league yet the back field is still giving up huge plays. How come?

Oline: there are just too many issues from the last few years to even bother going into detail.

images.jpeg

• Pie 1

Were the seats really that empty? From the time I started watching they seemed full as seen on TV. 

I know the last game I went to was such a clusterfug getting in, we missed the 1st quarter.

Edited by philp

Cam has nothing to do with my allegiance to the Panthers

he was our QB, and a damn good one, but basically just one of the players

no player will ever be bigger than the team

Lower attendance for games being down is about losing, cost, and lousy stadium experience...it’s a hassle to go uptown, deal with the crowds, and then be harassed by the yellow coats just trying to get in the stadium, not to mention while the game is going on...and people are so done paying hundreds $$ for mostly lousy seats when we can watch from our recliners at home

the new electronic tickets totally suck...ownership and the league want to prevent ticket scalping, but fans could buy tickets outside the stadium as prices dictated, now it’s impossible to buy tickets on the street before the game...just another way the stadium experience sticks it to the fans

fans have seem recent yrs of lots of losing big games, confidence in the team to win when it counts is not high

Edited by bull123
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, WarHeel said:

Not to mention how many are sold to large distributors and shipped to China.

• Pie 1