Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Likely won't see Cam in a Panthers uni again

17 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

It may be best for both parties that he doesn't play again this season. 

Considering he can’t use his foot, uh yeah I’d say it’s best for both parties 

2 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Low 2 high 3?

A LOT working against Cam right now.

no way...Cam will come back healthy...i was thinking a #1 and a #2

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

Contract/rehab/surgery stipulations.

I have questioned how this team dealt with his injures for a long time. I was told Cam hid the severity of some things which lead to more problems down the road.

Just now, raz said:

i believe they would try and help him get to a team he wanted to go to, if that's not possible i believe they would release him outright.   nobody wants this getting ugly, or uglier.   you thinking he would come out and play on a 1 year deal seems crazy to me.  so we both look crazy to each other.  i'm ok with that

There is nothing crazy about playing on the last year of your deal, especially if you have proven that you cannot stay healthy, which Cam has done.  This happens all the time.

This team should worry about 1 thing moving forward, what's best for this team, nothing more nothing less.  The only people that will feel they owe anything to Cam are Ron and Marty, and they won't be making the decision.

Putting it all together, it seems that's the way it may go. Tepper the "analytics guy", probably see's a 30 year old QB with shoulder issues (and now a bad foot that is having issues healing.) He also see's a QB who needs to be a duel threat to be successful at his position, who is also looking at a new contract.

Cam is not a pocket passer and never will be. If he can't play at a certain level, then it's a problem.. Add in the fact there may be a whole new coaching staff next season.....it all points to one conclusion.

• Pie 2

Sad day. But I feel it in my Panther bones. 

Thanks Cam. Greatest QB in Panther history. 

• Pie 7

2 minutes ago, bull123 said:

no way...Cam will come back healthy...i was thinking a #1 and a #2

What PROOF do you have of that?

Cam hasn't shown to be able to stay healthy in over 2 years, now he's just older.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

Yall.. Marty hurney is going to be asked to rebulld this team

sad jim carrey GIF

Hey we know we will get an awesome first round pick!!

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Don't think that you understand how trades nor contracts work....or leverage for that matter.

The Panthers CAN trade or cut him, but aren't forced to do so, they hold his rights, and he is under contract.

If the Panthers do trade him, they will pick the city and the compensation, meanwhile the new team would have to agree to said compensation, and agree with Cam on a new contract with him not playing in over a year.  I cannot recall the last time something like that happened.

End of the day, Cam can retire....that is the only way he truly controls his destiny.  Every other outcome has the Panthers controlling it.

This is a good counterpoint.  And whether it's Hurney or someone else, I don't think we are going to have a GM who is arrogant enough to lose Newton without it being on their terms and without significant compensation.

6 minutes ago, philit99 said:

LOL it’s a game of thrones reference. Yes I know someone that hinted at big issues coming about 6 weeks ago.

This has been brewing for a lot longer than 6 weeks.

5 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Contract/rehab/surgery stipulations.

Also,  Cam isn’t a dummy. He’s going to sucker one team into giving him a chunk of change this offseason. 

2 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Yall.. Marty hurney is going to be asked to rebulld this team

Blast it, Halloween was last week. I thought I was done with scary thoughts.

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

This has been brewing for a lot longer than 6 weeks.

Also,  Cam isn’t a dummy. He’s going to sucker one team into giving him a chunk of change this offseason. 

I’m sure, that’s when I was told about it.

Might as well go full Browns.

You guys are about to see how difficult it is to find a real NFL quarterback, unless Marty Magic really exists.

• Pie 1