Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

Likely won't see Cam in a Panthers uni again

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Which would lead to the question of why they're doing it.

And the answers might not be pretty.

Yep. Not pretty and pretty obvious. Sucks

Just now, Kinographer said:

It's hard to live up to your decade long legacy of shitposting

Better recognize :shades:

1 hour ago, MVPccaffrey said:

Who's going to trade for damaged goods?  The smart time to do that was last offseason.

Called this after Kyle won in week 3, btw.  Camstans had their heads buried in the sand until the bitter end.

Correct...the value ship has sailed

Just now, Dunn said:

Can't see him seeing the field unless Allen shits the bed...why take the hot hand out?

No, I mean do play Allen, but I just can't imagine Allen is going to keep getting away with throwing short, and having defensive backs drop easy interceptions.

When it's obvious we're out of the playoffs I would like Grier to start.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, SmartyHurney said:

Honestly, I kind of hope we get to see Grier play this year. Grier at last is an athlete.

He was TERRIBLE in the preseason, but at least he has some NFL quarterback qualities.

Allen looked pretty awful in the preseason as well. It give me hope maybe we'll see something good from Grier if his number is called.

Just now, SmartyHurney said:

assuming we are out of the playoffs, and Allen is clearly not going to be much of an option for a starter, I would agree.

but I want I Just want to mention we are 5-1 since Cam went out and we are in the thick of a playoff hunt... IMO we can still do it. I understand the pessimism but we have a shot.

4 minutes ago, SmartyHurney said:

Honestly, I kind of hope we get to see Grier play this year. Grier at last is an athlete.

He was TERRIBLE in the preseason, but at least he has some NFL quarterback qualities.

Lol...Grier is just bad

Hurney has gone on record to say this is a learning year for Grier. They had no intention of him playing this season under any circumstances. I suspect the Panthers may bring in another QB and Grier will still be #3. 

• Pie 1

People hate cam so much they don’t even want the team to be compensated for his talent . They rather he be outright cut lol #agenda . Idk what’s going on behind the scenes but something is def up. 

31 minutes ago, SmartyHurney said:

Many Cam haters wish is coming true. Too bad they're mostly too young to remember what it's like trying to find a quarterback.

God, can someone post the list of names after Jake left? We got beyond lucky to score Jimmy Clausen and send the team into a mega-tank that landed Cam.

Maybe Hurney can find the THIRD franchise quarterback for this team. 

Maybe he can drag that French guy off the sofa again like in 2010....

5 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Lot of speculation around here by the huddle elitist withoutany facts. This could not age well. I think today means as much as it did 3 days ago. We don't know really. Just a bunch of guessing. 

Exactly, and they stick together so well that most people eat up their opinion like its 100% fact.  Jeremy is talking like he works in the building and people like Mr. Scot are just cosigning on all of the speculative bullshiggity!  

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, SmartyHurney said:

No, I mean do play Allen, but I just can't imagine Allen is going to keep getting away with throwing short, and having defensive backs drop easy interceptions.

It is entirely plausible given how stacked the NFC looks, that Allen continues to play well and progress as a qb, but we are still not contending for a playoff spot. He would kind of have to play at an unprecedented level that no one expects for us to be assured of a spot before the last game.

If that highly plausible scenario unfolds, do you still favor playing Grier?

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Hurney has gone on record to say this is a learning year for Grier. They had no intention of him playing this season under any circumstances. I suspect the Panthers may bring in another QB and Grier will still be #3. 

Yikes.

I wonder if it would be wise to trade some of the older, but great players on the team this off-season for assets.

This might sound bad, but Luke going to another team would bring in assets we need to find a quarterback, and would also give him a chance to play for a team that isn't about to be banished to the basement of the league.

14 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Exactly, and they stick together so well that most people eat up their opinion like its 100% fact.  Jeremy is talking like he works in the building and people like Mr. Scot are just cosigning on all of the speculative bullshiggity!  

Cool, lets bump this thread in the Spring, shall we?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1