Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

kungfoodude

HYPOTHETICAL Cam Trades Thread

20 minutes ago, BrizzMachete said:

Yeap can’t do no higher than first round : i rather we keep him but it looks unlikely so yeah a first would be fine by me 

So you believe trading an MVP franchise QB for an unknown 1st rounder is a good deal? 

If so you must believe Cam will never be any good again.  if this is the case why would anyone give us a 1st rounder for him?

10 minutes ago, SBiii said:

So you believe trading an MVP franchise QB for an unknown 1st rounder is a good deal? 

If so you must believe Cam will never be any good again.  if this is the case why would anyone give us a 1st rounder for him?

I mean dude he been injured the past 3-4 years what you think a team gonna give us 3 first rounders . You acting like cam won mvp last year . I feel your frustration but be reasonable fam lol 

• Pie 1

On 11/10/2019 at 12:21 PM, gorillamilitia13 said:

Been a Panthers fan my whole life but I'm going where he's going. 

Happy retirement!

Really it all depends, are you asking right now, without passing a physical and not being cleared to play? 2nd round if the Panthers are lucky or a 3rd round is more realistic. Clearing a physical and paying pre-season and showing he is game ready, then you can ask for a 1st and settle for a second if you have to. The problem is right now he is in that Peyton Manning with the Colts predicament, everyone expects him to come back 100% but what is his 100%? The Superbowl contender? Or someone that can't run with the ball and is trying to be a pocket passer? It all depends where he is. 

7 hours ago, BrizzMachete said:

I mean dude he been injured the past 3-4 years what you think a team gonna give us 3 first rounders . You acting like cam won mvp last year . I feel your frustration but be reasonable fam lol 

Again, do you believe trading Cam for a single 1st rounder is a good deal?

Put another way, given what we know right now do you believe there's a team out there that would give a 1st rounder for Cam right now?

4 hours ago, Wire Dawg said:

(i)  Really it all depends, are you asking right now, without passing a physical and not being cleared to play?

(ii)  2nd round if the Panthers are lucky or a 3rd round is more realistic.

(iii)  Clearing a physical and paying pre-season and showing he is game ready, then you can ask for a 1st and settle for a second if you have to.

(i)  Yes.

(ii)  Exactly.

(iii)  So after he shows he's "game ready" and balls out you are going to let him go for an unknown 1st rounder? 

I will guarantee you that if Cam shows he is "game ready" Tepper will not let Hurndog trade him for a single 1st rounder.

A healthy Cam is WAY more valuable than that.

Edited by SBiii

3 minutes ago, SBiii said:

Again, do you believe trading Cam for a single 1st rounder is a good deal?

Put another way, given what we know right now do you believe there's a team out there that would give a 1st rounder for Cam right now?

CBS reporting Cam would be open to trade to Bears?

if they are willing to give us a first rounder right now, and have seen nothing to indicate that,  I would hold out for more

8 hours ago, SBiii said:

You think about this stuff way too much. 

2 minutes ago, SBiii said:

(iii)  So after he shows he's "game ready" and balls out you are going to let him go for an unknown 1st rounder?

Humm, good question, yes I would. Go for the complete unknown. Because, if he is balls out "game ready" he is going to want a deal before the pre-season is over. He won't be playing without some sort of ink in place. So, yes, I'd take an unknown before committing to a deal. Sadly, I don't think his body can stand up to the player he wants to be. He wants to be a runner that is the ultimate game changer, and he can do that, but again he will eventually get hurt. I personally wouldn't be willing to take that risk. IF he signs another contract, it will probably be his last NFL deal, so he won't settle for anything less than top 5 QB money if he feels he is 100%.  

1 hour ago, Wire Dawg said:

Humm, good question, yes I would.

Because, if he is balls out "game ready" he is going to want a deal before the pre-season is over.

He won't be playing without some sort of ink in place.

It doesn't matter what he "wants".

Cam has zero leverage at this point in time.  This will remain the case until he plays again in full pads, in a real games, a full season of them...preseason does not count.

Cam is on a 1-year make-good deal and if he ever wants to sign another NFL contract he's gonna have to show up next year and ball out and make good...

...I hope he is able to do so.

1 minute ago, SBiii said:

It doesn't matter what he "wants".

Cam has zero leverage at this point in time.  This will remain the case until he plays again in full pads, in a real games, a full season of them...preseason does not count.

Cam is on a 1-year make-good deal and if he ever wants to sign another NFL contract he's gonna have to show up next year and ball out and make good...

...I hope he is able to do so.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllll.....I mean, he does actually have some leverage. He is always able to hold out. It's been an increasing NFL trend. Would I expect him to do it? No because he just seems to be such a team oriented player. 

1 hour ago, uncfan888 said:

You think about this stuff way too much. 

Reverse the situation.

If we traded a first rounder for a guy that hadn't been healthy for two years, most of us would blow our stacks.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

What I want, and what Cam would bring on the open market are two very different things.

If Cam is able to play, and pass a physical, I want him to stay here next season and finish his contract.  No holdout, no new deal, just come in, work, play, and see if you can stay healthy.  We will discuss a new contract once we see that he can do a full offseason, and season without any limitations.

That's what I want.  However I don't think that's any more likely to happen than me turning into an astronaut this evening.

My thought is that Cam has soured on the organization, and possibly the org. has soured on Cam.  Ron and Marty are packing their bags after week 17, and Cam is likely going to be on the way out with them.  Weather that be via trade, retirement, or just flat out cut.

So, obviously I WANT something for him if he is leaving either way, so a trade is the best move for the Panthers.

Guessing that would be a 2nd, or possibly a 3rd.  Maybe a 2 and a 5 or something like that.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Reverse the situation.

If we traded a first rounder for a guy that hadn't been healthy for two years, most of us would blow our stacks.

Honestly, that would really depend on the level of desperation and the scenarios. I might not be adverse to that kind of high stakes gamble in certain situations.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Honestly, that would really depend on the level of desperation and the scenarios. I might not be adverse to that kind of high stakes gamble in certain situations.

I disagree.  Name 1 player who has missed as much time as Cam over the past two seasons that you would be willing to part with a 1 for.

I'm trying to think of one but I can't.