Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueandblackattack

Matt Paradis is...

Holding this O-line back.

It's been glaring since Daley has been holding the LT position who is the weak spot. It seems like every other play he is getting backed up into Kyle Allen, which is why he has to move around so much. The other part is that clearly that he hasn't recovered, or may never be 100% from that serious ankle injury he got last year in Denver.

Also, to me it doesn't look like he's jelling with the other lineman. He looks like when he makes calls no ones responding to it, when he's on the bench he's not talking to them, or vice versa. Maybe it was too sharp of a transition to move from Ryan to Matt, very different personalities. I think we'll need to get someone from the draft and homegrown him.

We have an opt-out claus, but it's for 2021 and I don't think another year will make a difference.

If we declare him a post June 1st cut, It'll save us $7m (2020 Dead Cap: $1,800,000 2021 Dead Cap: $5,400,000 2020 Cap Savings: $7,000,000)

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/matt-paradis-14618/

other options:

If Little comes back healthy and anchors the LT, why not transition Daley to center? He's already shown he's a versatile lunch pail kid. Couldn't hurt to have him at least learn all 3 positions at the very least.