Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Forty-Eight

Panthers Free Agents 2020

1 minute ago, Forty-Eight said:

Jermaine Carter or Andre Smith will not cut it. We would have to draft a LB in the 1st or 2nd to attempt replacing Shaq’s production. 

And I agree with you on that. Don't get me wrong - Shaq has been a real good player for us and I would like to see us keep him if possible. But the defense in general needs help and if we'e just basing it on value, DL and CB should be priorities which means Bradberry and McCoy (or another FA DL). 

4 minutes ago, Prowler2019 said:

And it the end those were probably the right choices given how those two have underperformed on their new teams. Both of their contracts was just voted as the worse on their respective teams by one media source (sorry don't have time to look up the source).

Norwell got hurt, you can’t help that. Star is still playing well. Star was never a stats stuffer.

2 minutes ago, Prowler2019 said:

And I agree with you on that. Don't get me wrong - Shaq has been a real good player for us and I would like to see us keep him if possible. But the defense in general needs help and if we'e just basing it on value, DL and CB should be priorities which means Bradberry and McCoy (or another FA DL). 

Shaq is a more important player than McCoy. We still are tied up for a couple years with lazy fat bum Kawann Short. I rather have to spend a draft pick on a DL than a LB in the 1st. 

Just now, Forty-Eight said:

Shaq is a more important player than McCoy. We still are tied up for a couple years with lazy fat bum Kawann Short. I rather have to spend a draft pick on a DL than a LB in the 1st. 

Agreed....and we can get good value @ LB in the later rounds. I was really surprised the was passed up on Mack Wilson out of Alabama for Scarlett (especially since we're not playing him) with Thompson's pending FA. He would've been a viable replacement and an impact player.

Anyone who says that we should let Shaq walk needs to give their head a shake. Luke ain’t playing forever.

3 minutes ago, Prowler2019 said:

Agreed....and we can get good value @ LB in the later rounds. I was really surprised the was passed up on Mack Wilson out of Alabama for Scarlett (especially since we're not playing him) with Thompson's pending FA. He would've been a viable replacement and an impact player.

Mack Wilson will probably be a good player one day. But he ain’t Shaq right now. Shaq was a 1st rounder and it took him 5 years to become who he is 

Can’t believe people here are ok with Cam being traded to a NFC team. That dude would want to destroy us every time we played them. Find an AFC team that wants him.

Bradberry is the #1 name this offseason. And we’ll find out why when Julio gets another 300 yard game this week if he doesn’t play

Give the ERFA’s their money

Let walk- Hogan, Wright, Horton , Love

4 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Can’t believe people here are ok with Cam being traded to a NFC team. That dude would want to destroy us every time we played them. Find an AFC team that wants him.

Bradberry is the #1 name this offseason. And we’ll find out why when Julio gets another 300 yard game this week if he doesn’t play

Give the ERFA’s their money

Let walk- Hogan, Wright, Horton , Love

Because honestly, deep in all Panthers fan’s heart we know that Cam won’t be destroying us

As far as our home grown talent, Bradberry and Shaq need to be resigned.  Those are the two major priorities.  You have a a corner who can mitigate some of the best WRs in the NFL.  With Shaq, you have a guy who can cover the field, play the run, play the pass, who has learned from two of the best.  Got to hold on to him.

I think you have to see what Butler demands.  I'd bring him back for a few more years on the cheap if you can manage it.  Guy has played well the past few weeks, and I think you should try to keep him around.

I'd love to see McCoy back.  He's been a great leader.  I'm also partial to Elliot, the nickle guy.  I thought he made some plays this season.  Boston?  I'm meh.  Is that the best we can do for safety via FA?  He's not bad per se, but he's not a pro bowler.

You have to look at the market for some of those players, and Bradberry and Shaq are going to get paid.  Then look at the rest of the FA class and draft afterwords to see what positions you want to invest in via FA and where you have the luxury to see how a rookie pans out.  Gettleman did do a lot of crappy things as our GM, but the idea of filling your holes with FA, and bringing in the best player is a really sound idea.  Don't let it stop you from grabbing a great talent because you're mostly solid in positions of need.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, Forty-Eight said:

But I thought we fix the OL this past off season. That’s all I heard from Ron and Hurney. Protecting Cam was key. 

To the defense, what will we be playing next year? Whether it’s Rivera or a new HC. Burns has disappeared the last couple games. I just don’t think he will ever gain enough weight to be a 4-3 DE. Same to Miller. 

burns and Miller are OLB. I never saw them as DE. 

also, Burns has the club right now— that has slowed him down. His strength is his speed.

The oline is serviceable at times, but they just allow too much penetration and they don’t get a lot of run push.

i also think CMac would benefit more from a zone blocking scheme instead of this power one we run. Our Oline night would do better too.

either way, the Oline is not very good.

our defense I think is too hybrid. 4-3 with 3-4 ends, 3-4 but not Real ILB,.. just too light for that. It’s a hodge podge scheme where it works ok against the pass, but sucks against the run. Ie,.. it’s trash.

Edited by JARROD