Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

NAS

Let’s face it - no playoffs this year

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not a big fan of our chances being dependent on somebody else having a meltdown..

Unfortunately this is all too often the case for this team.  Looking forward to Ron showing up with his new t-shirt that says 27% chance.  There is no way Tepper shouldn't clean house when the season is over.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

The defenses made all the plays last night. 

Obviously defenses have to do something, like at least attempt to stop the run.

In the the end though the Seahawks offense had to drive down the field for the game winning field goal.

As long as we beat the Falcunts

rsz_1beaky_buzzard_logo.jpg?1405910300

And "Aints...

1809380_0.jpg

It's a good season

17 hours ago, Happy Panther said:

538 has us at 8-8 with a 20% chance to make the playoffs.

DVOA has us 9-7 and 22%

Have to beat some good teams.

Both sites have us at 18% now. Last night hurt us. :mad:

18 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

I think Ron has an excuse built in with the Cam injury fiasco. Ron’s issue is the defense. If he can’t fix this over the last seven games, he’s done.  You can’t keep a defensive head coach around that has had a broken defense two straight years. 

2? Id say 4 ......they have been trending down since the superbowl trip. 

If it's a typical Panthers season, we'll beat somebody we shouldn't have beaten, then turn around and lose to somebody that we shouldn't have lost to.

• Pie 2

I wasnt sure if we were gonna beat the falcunts before sunday and im still not sure. Welp.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If it's a typical Panthers season, we'll beat somebody we shouldn't have beaten, then turn around and lose to somebody that we shouldn't have lost to.

Yep, we're going to lose one of the Falcons game, you can bet on it.  

• Pie 1

50 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

We cannot win a Wild Card spot. We can, however, win out and take the division from New Orleans. That's the only road, but it can be done.

I don't think it is quite that certain on the Wild Card spot, but it is close.  The problem is the number of teams we need to pass, not the number of games behind.  To win the division we only have to pass one, who we trail by two games with two head-to-head games.  It will not be easy, and we will not only need to win those two games, but then keep pace with the Saints the rest of the way.  It helps if they continue to look like they did Sunday, something I would not bet on.

Our conference record stinks at 2-4, and while not the first tiebreaker, it is usually a good barometer of a team's chances.  We have not beaten a .500 or better team in the NFC.  That's the bad news.

The good news is as tough as it looks, the division is still in play.  If we win the remaining four divisional games we are in solid shape, but the downside is that the Saints remaining schedule does not exactly strike terror in hearts.  Their toughest opponent on paper is San Fran at home.  They also play Indy and us at home, and travel to Tampa, Atlanta, Tennessee, and Charlotte.  So, we could win both against Atlanta and NO and still not make it. 

Our playoff chances may be summed up with "maybe we can lose one more."  And it probably has to be the right one.  I think the next four are must-wins for any playoff chances.

• Pie 1

Payton scheming against our current run defense...

That's potential nightmare fuel.

7 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I don't think it is quite that certain on the Wild Card spot, but it is close.  The problem is the number of teams we need to pass, not the number of games behind.  To win the division we only have to pass one, who we trail by two games with two head-to-head games.  It will not be easy, and we will not only need to win those two games, but then keep pace with the Saints the rest of the way.  It helps if they continue to look like they did Sunday, something I would not bet on.

Our conference record stinks at 2-4, and while not the first tiebreaker, it is usually a good barometer of a team's chances.  We have not beaten a .500 or better team in the NFC.  That's the bad news.

The good news is as tough as it looks, the division is still in play.  If we win the remaining four divisional games we are in solid shape, but the downside is that the Saints remaining schedule does not exactly strike terror in hearts.  Their toughest opponent on paper is San Fran at home.  They also play Indy and us at home, and travel to Tampa, Atlanta, Tennessee, and Charlotte.  So, we could win both against Atlanta and NO and still not make it. 

Our playoff chances may be summed up with "maybe we can lose one more."  And it probably has to be the right one.  I think the next four are must-wins for any playoff chances.

Honestly, I think we would be really lucky to get even one from the Saints. The Saints are uncatchable.  We had an opportunity to make the division competitive by beating the Packers, while also significantly increasing our chances for a wild card spot.  We blew it

if you're doubting that Kyle Allen will take us to the playoffs then GET OFF THE DANG TEAM FANBOARD

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, NAS said:

Honestly, I think we would be really lucky to get even one from the Saints. The Saints are uncatchable.  We had an opportunity to make the division competitive by beating the Packers, while also significantly increasing our chances for a wild card spot.  We blew it

40 minutes ago, DubE_4MR said:

That 0-2 start hurt us. Especially in this competitive NFC. 

Two games.  Both perched at the 2 with one play to win or lose the game.  Actually, Sunday we had two plays from the 2 yard line.  But in both cases, we come up dry. 

I'd like to see the analytics on that.