Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Gesualdo

"Without brave men and women like yourself, there would be no football...and no gamedays"

from a commercial i just saw during MNF...advertising the existence of the military

can someone connect the dots there, logically? none of the people in the commercial looked old enough to be, say, WWII veterans

so if we hadn't started pointless capitalist wars damn near everywhere - except here, against our real problems - football would be cancelled? why? weird new rule?

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

I'm a vet, I do volunteer work with vets, I know a bunch of vets... I know two that get off on bullpoo like that. 

The rest of us just appreciate free wings or pancakes once a year.

• Pie 2

Well without our military, Nazi Germany may have won WWII and taken over the world and there’d be no American football.

1 hour ago, t96 said:

Well without our military, Nazi Germany may have won WWII and taken over the world and there’d be no American football.

Nah. Hitler had already invaded Russia by that point. Once he started a war on two fronts he was fugged. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, 332nd said:

I'm a vet, I do volunteer work with vets, I know a bunch of vets... I know two that get off on bullpoo like that. 

The rest of us just appreciate free wings or pancakes once a year.

ain't that the truth

my dad's a vietnam combat vet and he HATES this sh*t

my FiL is retired with pay, and also a vietnam combat vet; he spends weekends volunteering with less fortunate vets...and he has little to no time for this

yet i work with a lady who's retired air force, twenty years of secretarial work, and she thinks she raised the flag at iwo jima

NFL, please stop encouraging the sousa march weirdos. it's just a military. we pay too much for it and send it into dumb wars for no reason. in peacetime, it's a make-work program and little more. in wartime, it chews up working people and spits them out. and the wars keep getting further and further from any rationale involving protecting our country or people

• Pie 3

If you prop up the military and it's members to angelic status, and make it a social travesty to even suggest you don't support the military, or oppose something they take apart in (see Vietnam war and the middle east invasion), then you can control the narrative and outcast anyone who opposes it as anti-military/hating our troops.

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, 332nd said:

Nah. Hitler had already invaded Russia by that point. Once he started a war on two fronts he was fugged. 

It wasn’t only that. He very well could have succeeded in Russia if he wasn’t insistent on crossing the River Vulga in Stalingrad. He could have cut off Russian supply lines anywhere else. It was unnecessary and in retrospect, a terrible military decision.   

• Pie 2

The Pentagon has a budget to spend with the NFL for recruiting work. In return the NFL also gets an easy feel good ingratiation with American society. Another vet here who is not really a fan of it.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

It wasn’t only that. He very well could have succeeded in Russia if he wasn’t insistent on crossing the River Vulga in Stalingrad. He could have cut off Russian supply lines anywhere else. It was unnecessary and in retrospect, a terrible military decision.   

All of his military decisions were terrible lmao. He gets credit for some reason for what Rommel and Guderian deserve

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, SmootsDaddy89 said:

All of his military decisions were terrible lmao. He gets credit for some reason for what Rommel and Guderian deserve

There's a running joke in intelligence that allied spies protected him from Valkyrie so a better military mind wouldn't take over.

Well, without the NFL we wouldn't have flyovers..... see, goes both ways.

Seriously, my wife tells me to stand up at games when they want to recognize vets and she's always wanting me to stand and be counted, so to speak. I'm not comfortable with all that. I went and did my job for 20 years and when I was done, I joined the real world. I admit, I do appreciate when someone sincerely says, "Thanks for your service," but I also can't help but wonder where that was between 1973 to 1993.

And I did have a free lunch at Olive Garden yesterday... although I had the sh!ts later.

• Pie 6