Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

ncfan

Bucs release 2016 1st round pick Vernon Hargreaves

2 minutes ago, Bartin said:

It wasn’t just that he was bad. He was also lazy and wouldn’t give full effort a lot of the time. Still wouldn’t mind putting in a claim with our injury situation at CB. He can’t be worse than Corn.

Yeah that's not good, but we're down.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Is that deliberate? :)

Yes sir. I can't ever remember how to say it so I just say that.

Edited by Waldo

8 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Must be a move showing anyone can get their ass cut. Arians taking control.

Tampa has the worst pass defense in the league and the veteran in the youngest DB room in the league gets benched for not hustling.... 

Vernon might bounce back somewhere else but too bad tampa saw what he was before paying him lol

Tampa also cut Gerald McCoy and replaced him with fuging Suh. I'd say that worked out pretty well for us.

I would welcome Hargreaves with open arms.

10 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

We talk crap about Corn Elder, but we want a guy who's been playing horribly, with an expensive contract, is known for low effort, on a team known for horrible pass defense.

Maybe im wrong, but I don't get the big money

The Bucs signed him.  Had they traded him the contract wouldve carried.  Cutting him, the new team isnt obligated to pay him crap from the other contract since he was relased.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

49 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not convinced Hargreaves is that good a player.

Decent maybe, but nothing special.

He just needs to be better than fuging Corn Elder.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Tampa also cut Gerald McCoy and replaced him with fuging Suh. I'd say that worked out pretty well for us.

I would welcome Hargreaves with open arms.

Difference is McCoy was once good and is still productive, Vernon's never been good. 

Edited by jumpman910

7 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

Tampa has the worst pass defense in the league and the veteran in the youngest DB room in the league gets benched for not hustling.... 

Well, when you put it that way...

(Ouch)

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

He just needs to be better than fuging Corn Elder.

He may be, but unlike Elder he's subject to waivers.

Don't like our chances much.

5 minutes ago, ncfan said:

The Bucs signed him.  Had they traded him the contract wouldve carried.  Cutting him, the new team isnt obligated to pay him crap from the other contract since he was relased.

If you get him off of waivers, the contract sticks with the player.  After he clears then you can pick him up and offer him whatever you want.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, ncfan said:

The Bucs signed him.  Had they traded him the contract wouldve carried.  Cutting him, the new team isnt obligated to pay him crap from the other contract since he was relased

Bucs waived him.  Placing him in the waiver wire line up.  Whoever picks him up in waivers picks up his contract.

That is why we now have Mike Davis signed through 2020.

So yes, his contract carries.  He isn't getting a new deal unless he passes through waivers and a new team signs him.

• Pie 1

Just now, thefuzz said:

If you get him off of waivers, the contract sticks with the player.  After he clears then you can pick him up and offer him whatever you want.

Correct. But he is also in the last year of his deal. It was a 4 year deal with a 5th year team option. If we picked him up, we would just owe the remainder of this year's salary which I believe would even be less the signing bonus portion(which should have already been paid). So, essentially he would be a pretty cheap rental.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Correct. But he is also in the last year of his deal. It was a 4 year deal with a 5th year team option. If we picked him up, we would just owe the remainder of this year's salary which I believe would even be less the signing bonus portion(which should have already been paid). So, essentially he would be a pretty cheap rental.

No doubt, I'm not saying not to do it, but this years cap numbers do go with him.