Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

tukafan21

Eric Reid should be cut immediately

I'm sure I'll get crushed by some people on here for this, but the fact that he actually flew to Atlanta the day before a game to be at a workout for a friend is beyond unacceptable and we should cut him ASAP.

We have a big game tomorrow, basically a must win if we want any shot at the playoffs, and he leaves town for a piss poor reason.

Having a baby out of state or a very sick family member, something along those lines would be acceptable, but to be at a workout for a friend?!?!?!

This has NOTHING to do with his kneeling or his support of Kaepernick, this is 100% about priorities, and if he feels him being in person at this workout is more important than preparing for tomorrow's game, then he shouldn't be a member of this team anymore, period.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 69

Dude it’s a :40 minute flight, if there wasn’t team activities it’s not that big a deal. poo he could stay the night and fly back tomorrow morning no issue. 

If there was team activities. He should be benched but I don’t feel like there are on home games on Saturday. 

Edited by Harbingers

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

I'm sure I'll get crushed by some people on here for this, but the fact that he actually flew to Atlanta the day before a game to be at a workout for a friend is beyond unacceptable and we should cut him ASAP.

We have a big game tomorrow, basically a must win if we want any shot at the playoffs, and he leaves town for a piss poor reason.

Having a baby out of state or a very sick family member, something along those lines would be acceptable, but to be at a workout for a friend?!?!?!

This has NOTHING to do with his kneeling or his support of Kaepernick, this is 100% about priorities, and if he feels him being in person at this workout is more important than preparing for tomorrow's game, then he shouldn't be a member of this team anymore, period.

He should be cut because he sucks......no other reason.  

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 3

If he attended the morning meeting and walkthrough and gets to the team hotel on time this evening who cares? 

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

Could you imagine the poo storm that would be caused if Cam were to just fly to Atlanta to hangout in his cigar shop for a few hours the day before a game and then flew back?

Hell... you don't even see players go attend their college's games on Saturdays (unless in the same town they play on Sunday), regardless how big the game is, if they have a game on Sunday, those are only done on weeks their team is on bye.

This has nothing to do with him having the time, but it just goes to show his mind is NOT on the game tomorrow and to me, it's unacceptable.

And as someone else said, he's just not even that good.

No, i would not be calling for CMC to be cut if it were him, but I would 100% say he should be benched for the next game, because this just isn't something you do when you have a game tomorrow, no matter who you are.

And when you're already questionable as a player (as I typed that, he just missed another open tackle since he had his head down trying to hit the guy as hard as possible and whiffed), then it's time to let him go.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 15

Not a fan of Reid or Kap and it would be one thing if it was a coast to coast flight but we are talking about Charlotte to ATL and supporting a friend. 

This I have no issue with.

• Pie 5

7 minutes ago, ickmule said:

He should be cut because he sucks......no other reason.  

He’s actually good when he tries to tackle. I’ve had enough of his shoulder BS. He isn’t 21 and ripped. 

Where are those fancy new mods I read all about this week? 

• Pie 8

How is it any different than players/coaches going to NBA or college games the night before? It’s not like he’s out there running routes or covering receivers. I’m sure he’ll be asleep in his bed the same time as everyone else on the team. 

• Pie 4

13 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Can you articulate exactly what it is that you think he should be doing to prepare but isn’t by taking this trip? I’m not intimately aware of what NFL players are normally doing on Saturday afternoons to prepare for a home game the next day, so maybe I’m overlooking something.

More to the point, if his HC who is very definitely on the hot seat signed off on it, why would you reasonably come to the conclusion his absence is likely to affect his performance?

Edited by 1of10Charnatives
  • Pie 2