Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

rayzor

Carolina needs a healthy Cam.

3 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Also, may I add that Cam brought joy to little ones in attendance at the games with the football giveaway. When is the last time a child received a football since Cam's been gone? :thinking:

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! 

I saw CMC do it recently, but yeah...most of what he has done, his antics on the field or whatever you want to call it, the show he brought, it was for the kids and the young at heart who appreciates and like to have fun in whatever they do.

The league needed that. Carolina desperately needed that. I needed it.

I miss it.

• Pie 5

Just now, BurnHurnBurn said:

Cam can cover a lot of mistakes.  He can't tackle tho, and with this run-D we'd be screaming about wasting another year of Cam's prime.

But at least we had a chance. I always felt like we had a chance. We had frikking Superman on the team.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, rayzor said:

He brought energy and hype and talent never before seen in the league. 

He saved the team from the wine and cheese crowd fine with mediocrity and helped build a passionate fan base.

Tepper better hope that Cam can get healthy again and have a fairly reasonable price tag or he's going to have find some way to pump life back into this dying corpse he bought.

Time to get creative, Dave.

I could not agree more

he carried Ron’s ass for years.  It’s all out there to be seen now

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

But at least we had a chance. I always felt like we had a chance. We had frikking Superman on the team.

And we wasted it with false hopes just like that.

This is all Teppers fault to begin with. What he is seeing on the field is entirely of his own doing.

He can very easily change that by doing what he should have done in the offseason and fire the coaching staff.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, BurnHurnBurn said:

Cam can cover a lot of mistakes.  He can't tackle tho, and with this run-D we'd be screaming about wasting another year of Cam's prime.

A first rd could be spent on a decent DT. That would be a start

We needed him but the organization never showed it. Never gave him a proper OL and only till recently did we give him any offensive weapons to work with. So much for southern hospitality...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

so you’re going to have to extend him to keep him, but here’s why that’s ok: without cam we are staring down the barrel of a major rebuild. if we extend him and he returns to form, great, we have an mvp quarterback. if we extend him and he doesn’t return to form, that sucks but we will bottom out and pick very high in the draft. it is absolutely worth the risk when you consider that the worst case scenario is that he’s awful and we end up entering a rebuild vs moving on from him next year and guaranteeing a rebuild.

I tend to agree. I’m just hoping we have someone smarter in place than Hurney to negotiate that contract. It needs to have some outs in it in the event Cam isn’t healthy. 

I’m still not opposed to trading him but someone would have to be willing to give up multiple picks including at least one first. 

2 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

A first rd could be spent on a decent DT. That would be a start

Another year of Defense first drafts?  Ugh, this is why we cant compete.  We've got a dollar store line and a Muti-million dollar leaky defense.  

"Spend more on D!"  They cry.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

so you’re going to have to extend him to keep him, but here’s why that’s ok: without cam we are staring down the barrel of a major rebuild. if we extend him and he returns to form, great, we have an mvp quarterback. if we extend him and he doesn’t return to form, that sucks but we will bottom out and pick very high in the draft. it is absolutely worth the risk when you consider that the worst case scenario is that he’s awful and we end up entering a rebuild vs moving on from him next year and guaranteeing a rebuild.

Healthy Cam is plan A. It's risky and potentially expensive, but it's the best option we can hope for. Just give the man a coaching staff that isn't stuck trying to paddle its way in a canoe through a hurricane.

Plan b needs to be a complete overhaul with a big time rising and dynamic star under center. We need wins, but Tepper needs this team to be marketable and hype-able as well. Dude needs to get someone to stir up some passion in this fanbase again if Cam ain't around.

Tepper wants to build a winning team and a brand. Winning team for pride and brand for the return on investment.

He basically needs to have lightning strike on demand.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, BurnHurnBurn said:

Another year of Defense first drafts?  Ugh, this is why we cant compete.  We've got a dollar store line and a Muti-million dollar leaky defense.  

"Spend more on D!"  They cry.

Draft Oline

Spend money in FA on defense.

5 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Ron wouldnt know what to do with a healthy Cam except run him into the ground.

That's what he's doing with CMC.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just hope it's possible. 

The decision on Cam's future should be completely independent of the decisions on Ron and Hurney.

The decision on Cam should honestly be completely dependent on his medical evaluation. I just hope we get it right. I can't think of anything that would sting worse than seeing Cam return to form elsewhere.

I agree, but watching Cam deteriorate after we pay him record money for a QB would be worse. 

• Pie 2