Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Ja  Rhule

Mandalorian

2 hours ago, raz said:

i still don't understand why its named after a type of orange

cuz, The Starfruit tested as racist and homophobic...

Edited by Jangler
  • Pie 1

17 hours ago, Captroop said:

Boba Fett cameo at the end of 5.

I heard. That may be the only thing that can draw me in. 

If Boba Fett is still wandering around the Dune Sea 5 years after getting eaten he's probably not in very good shape

22 hours ago, Harbingers said:

I heard. That may be the only thing that can draw me in. 

I don't think its Boba. Wrong cape. Its Carl Weathers. 

18 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The only thing that suggests it's Boba Fett is the spurs jingling when whoever it is walks up on the dead assassin. 

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

IDK, those spurs though

Episode 5 was the weakest yet IMO. I really enjoy just being immersed in that world again, but this one felt really low budget. Jon Favreau is great and all, but it's obvious he cast his friend's kid in the young bounty hunter role, and he wasn't very good. 

One thing on my wish list is that over the series they'll get a little less ham-fisted with the exposition. I understand it's necessary, but more scalpel, less crowbar, please.

• Pie 1

yeah that actor was terrible, and it seemed they had some real lighting issues that couldn't be corrected properly in post. But the writing for the young bounty hunters character was terrible to start with. The mechanic creeped me out lol and more bad dialog, but it is in keeping with how a Star Wars show should be done, that is, accessible to teens and enjoyable to adults. 

Even this episode showed a great love by the writers for Star Wars lore and looked terrific when not too murky. The mechanic sure wasn't fazed by the death of the young bounty hunter, the idea she would flippantly order the droids to take him out to Beggars Canyon suggests she's dealt with the disposing of bodies before. Creepy!

• Pie 2

45 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

yeah that actor was terrible, and it seemed they had some real lighting issues that couldn't be corrected properly in post. But the writing for the young bounty hunters character was terrible to start with. The mechanic creeped me out lol and more bad dialog, but it is in keeping with how a Star Wars show should be done, that is, accessible to teens and enjoyable to adults. 

Even this episode showed a great love by the writers for Star Wars lore and looked terrific when not too murky. The mechanic sure wasn't fazed by the death of the young bounty hunter, the idea she would flippantly order the droids to take him out to Beggars Canyon suggests she's dealt with the disposing of bodies before. Creepy!

The mechanic was Amy Sedaris! 

Also, this episode must have been the Chef! movie crossover as she was in that, as was Bobby Cannavale, the young bounty hunter's father IRL. 

4 hours ago, PanthersBigD said:

The mechanic was Amy Sedaris! 

Also, this episode must have been the Chef! movie crossover as she was in that, as was Bobby Cannavale, the young bounty hunter's father IRL. 

Oh that makes sense. I couldn't couldn't shake the feeling that he looked familiar even though I couldn't recognize his face.

Episodes 3 & 6 were awesome

love how the three x-wings just casually pulled up and wrecked shop like it was no big deal lol

Edited by Rubi

On 12/12/2019 at 4:56 PM, Kinographer said:

It would be weird if they cast Pedro Pascal, had him make the rounds with media promotion, and then it all ended up being a bait and switch. I don't think it's actually him in the suit though, he's just doing voice over, so who knows.

Don't be surprised if Mando is actually female. would fit it with the Disney tearing down the male patriarchy and all that poo... 

Edited by Jangler

2 hours ago, Jangler said:

Don't be surprised if Mando is actually female. would fit it with the Disney tearing down the male patriarchy and all that poo... 

What contextual clues has the show given you to make you think the character is female?