Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

dgr8one

Takk McKinley Takes A Shot At Daryl Williams On Twitter

He was a pretty big die hard Panthers fan apparently, posted a video after we lost the super bowl crying.

15 hours ago, Ball4life said:

Hey Takk gets pressure but not sacks lol. Dan Quinn effect.

Top 10 DE/OLB Pass Rush Win Rate

1. T.J. Watt, Steelers, 32%
2. Robert Quinn, Cowboys, 31%
3. Takkarist McKinley, Falcons, 31%
4. Myles Garrett, Browns, 28%
5. Preston Smith, Packers, 27%
6. Matthew Judon, Ravens, 27%
7. Jadeveon Clowney, Seahawks, 26%
8. Dante Fowler Jr., Rams, 26%
9. DeMarcus Lawrence, Cowboys, 25%
10. Za'Darius Smith, Packers, 25%

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27584726/nfl-pass-blocking-pass-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Apparently he needs to learn how to tackle then if he is getting pressure 31% of the time and has 1.5 sacks...

And honestly, how is pass rush win rate defined? It is great if you beat your blocker, but if you run 5 yards behind the QB or don't keep contain and let the QB get outside you, you aren't doing much to help

22 hours ago, Borat said:

Not sure if Takk and his 1.5 sacks (0.5 before today) should be running his mouth. 

I forget what he did, but I vaguely recall him making a bit of an ass of himself at the Draft.

1 minute ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Apparently he needs to learn how to tackle then if he is getting pressure 31% of the time and has 1.5 sacks...

And honestly, how is pass rush win rate defined? It is great if you beat your blocker, but if you run 5 yards behind the QB or don't keep contain and let the QB get outside you, you aren't doing much to help

Its defined on the linked page. Then there is a link on that page to a much more detailed explanation of the metrics mentioned.

5 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Its defined on the linked page. Then there is a link on that page to a much more detailed explanation of the metrics mentioned.

Aahh, ok. All they say is beating the lineman in 2.5 seconds, which seems like a random number they chose because QBs should have the ball out before 3 seconds. 

I'm curious how his pressure rate aligns with that number - if they are close, that means his tackling sucks or he is getting blocked by a 2nd person. If not, I would guess a combo of that and him taking bad angles/lanes on his pass rush.

19 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I don't  get it 

I think he is mad that Williams fell on top of him and hurt his arm/shoulder.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

According to Steve Reed on Twitter, Rivera says  all William's needs is more playing time and he will get better. I'm glad Newton is on IR then so he doesn't get killed....blind in one eye and can't see out the other...that's our coach.

• Beer 1

On 11/17/2019 at 11:11 PM, Pantherxtreme said:

Falcons should be running all there mouths they wrecked our offensive line today. 

Joke’s on them though... we never really had a chance to go all the way this year and have just been waiting to clear house and start the rebuild, so a loss like this will expedite that and help our draft position.

Meanwhile Falcons are falling back in the draft order for no reason in a year they’re already eliminated from playoffs and this will likely cause them to keep Dan “embrace the suck” Quinn around another year. 

Takk is a young guy, who was playing well until he got crushed by Daryl as the play was ending. He's just mad about it, and talking trash. It's immature, but it's not the end of the world. Daryl Williams might make a lot of money, but he's still a person, and I'm sure he wants to play well. It's tough for a big guy to come back from a leg injury. It doesn't help that Rivera throws him in the frying pan every game. He should have been an insurance policy that could come along slowly, not a starter.  

i saw some of the first half.  i've never seen a tackle (williams) go from in position to out of position so fast in my life.  he tries to get a jump on the snap, gets set up for the rush early, and then just stalls out, like he's stuck.  its hard to even figure out

12 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

I think he is mad that Williams fell on top of him and hurt his arm/shoulder.

I've been trying to figure out the reason behind this, thank you