Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

jackson113

Are Panther fans part of the problem?

10 hours ago, Nails said:

This fan base and it’s owner would rather have what happened yesterday happen (Matt Ryan becoming the league’s 10th most prolific passer and his team completely ramming it up the Panthers ass) instead of telling him to GTFO our field.  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000108737/article/greg-hardy-carolina-panthers-reverse-roles-on-falcons

C2FEDCB9-336C-4F34-8885-8F86453839B5.jpeg

And you're basing this highly unflattering statement about the team's owner that implies very unsavory things on...

...what exactly? Your personal knowledge of him as a close associate or acquaintance?

Speaking as one of those fans I loved it when Greg Hardy did that. I was also at the game yesterday and hated it, so I'm not seeing the basis for your claim, as most of the other fans there seemed pretty peeved too.

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, outlaw4 said:

Why waste my hard earned money flying cross country to boo at my team when I can do it from home? 

Because they can't hear your booing through the tv.

Mine drowns it out.

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

Ticket prices are also another reason, Who wants to pay $55+ to sit in the very top of the stadium and barely see a losing team get their asses handed to them? On the other hand who wants to pay  $485 to get the best seats available to see a losing team? I can stay at home and watch them suck it up for free.

When it gets to the point that some fans are not even watching on TV for free, good luck selling tickets.

$55 for upper deck? Try $80+ now and that’s for the corner seats in the high level.$55 was when the team was back in the 90’s

Edited by Paintballr

20 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Also, and this has long been my thought pattern around this stuff....fans that refuse to show up, are actually "good fans".

The fans (looking at you Cleveland and Buffalo) that show up, week in and week out, no matter the product on the field, are the bad fans.  They enable ownership and front offices to be bad at their jobs, and be able to point to stuffed ledger sheets, and bottom lines.

Force a better product, that's a good fan.

i don't know how much there is to do in cleveland or buffalo outside of a sunday game.  may have something to do with it.   doesn't explain oakland though

18 hours ago, Seltzer said:

It's some straight-up bull$hit for people on this board to call out anyone who actually goes to the game.  PSL owners have to pay for these tickets before the season starts.  There are plenty of dedicated fans who go to the games, rain or shine.  Of course there are some non-hardcore fans there.  It was a beautiful afternoon punctuated by an awful football game.  At some point, as a fan who paid to go the game, you're allowed to have fun whether the team is winning or not.  Some people just leave the stands- others make the best of it while staying.  What they do after they've spent their money to be there is nobody else's business.  

Nobody's calling some of the these posters out who probably went to rub one out in the putrid 2nd half.  And I wouldn't blame them, either.  The game sucked- you make the best of it.

It doesn't mean you're happy with what happened or don't want changes to come- I for one am not at all happy.  At some point in life, though, it's absurd to think someone else should be forced to wallow in misery b/c you're unhappy with the way a ballgame is going.

It really is some first-rate entitlement by some on this board to question people who actually support the team by going to the games. 

You want to start with the issues of the fanbase, start there.  If you retort by saying the tickets are too expensive, etc., then that's an acceptable stance.  But it doesn't give you any right to judge people who are willing to spend their hard-earned money.

Also, after 14 seasons of having PSL's, I don't begrudge anyone for what they do with their seats.  It's a big investment, and it's easy for someone on a message board to have an opinion when they have no skin in the game.

I don't sell my seats, but I did boo yesterday at that performance, and I don't blame anyone who left early.  There was a good crowd there yesterday to help support the team in a pivotal game, and the Panthers didn't show up.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the fans.  

What's the most embarrassing to me is that people make these groundless accusations.  You want the fanbase to be better, start with thinking twice before posting an awful thread like this.

God, I wish I could pie this ten times. Well said!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Sundays crowd was more fired up for the Falcons than they were for the Titans for sure. Lots of late arrivals though, too nice of a day to leave the tailgate early. I made it until there was about 6 minutes left, and enjoyed the company of my fellow Panthers fans joking about how terrible this game was. What else are you supposed to do, spend your expensive Sunday afternoon wallowing in self pity or anger about things you have no control over?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

No but it is embarrassing as fug when they cheer and get loud when we are on offense lol....honestly...

3 hours ago, Paintballr said:

$55 for upper deck? Try $80+ now and that’s for the corner seats in the high level.$55 was when the team was back in the 90’s

I see tickets for $50 for the washington game.

Edited by PootieNunu

14 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

PM me. I can get you in on the ground floor of some amazing investment opportunities. Can't say more in a public forum so I'll just leave you with this one word:

Spider Burns action figure

takemymoney.jpg

Hey I'm a Panthers fan so this thread is addressed to me. Am I the problem?

I dunno. When I fist got my PSls 10 years ago I went to every home game. 10:00 a.m. tailgate and get home at 6:00 or 7:00. That got exhausting after 2015. Now we stink but its a luxury for me because I have a kid who is Panther crazy. He is 14. Has a massive signed Cam poster over his bed. He had no interest in the game this weekend. Good call. 

But when we go we still love the experience. He just wants water and nachos. I get a coors lite and a hot dog. We hope they have frisbee dogs at halftime.

Losing sucks but I'm still going to enjoy a $400 day on my own terms.

3 hours ago, Fox007 said:

No but it is embarrassing as fug when they cheer and get loud when we are on offense lol....honestly...

Green Bay has video recordings of players on their scoreboards that they played when they were on offense asking fans to be quiet while they were on offense. Green Bay. 

20 hours ago, SBiii said:

For 25 years the PSL renewal rates have been exceptional.

This directly contradicts your "quickly jumping off the bandwagon" thesis.

The real "fans" are the ticket owners and they have always stepped up to the plate year-after-year-after-year for over 2 decades.

Have you been to a few games? Depending on the opponents, it could be over 60% in their favor. Did you see the crowd this last game??? 10% full at best after halftime, so sure selling PSL to re-sell them to other fans or ride the last seasons magic. 

3 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

Green Bay has video recordings of players on their scoreboards that they played when they were on offense asking fans to be quiet while they were on offense. Green Bay. 

Baker Mayfield recently asked Browns fans to be quiet on offense too.  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2862447-baker-mayfield-says-browns-fans-need-to-be-quiet-when-team-has-ball-on-offense

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Have you been to a few games? Depending on the opponents, it could be over 60% in their favor. Did you see the crowd this last game??? 10% full at best after halftime, so sure selling PSL to re-sell them to other fans or ride the last seasons magic. 

Yet the Panthers fans continue to honor their PSL'S and buy the season tickets year-in, year-out...