Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

This is a debate that's been whispered around the edges of some of the other discussion, but I thought I'd go ahead and speak it aloud.

If the Panthers were eliminated from playoff contention (a serious possibility at this point) would you want to play out the rest of the season with Will Grier as the starting quarterback?

Some have pointed out that we'd have nothing to lose by seeing what we have in him. Others have suggested that you take the risk of giving him David Carr syndrome by sticking him behind our current offensive line.

What's your take? Would you give him a shot?

Do you believe Ron Rivera would give him a shot?

• Pie 6

We did it with Heinekie and Allen last season. Why should it be any different this time around.

In my opinion after Allen’s recent performances, Grier should at minimum be getting some reps with the first unit in practice and should have been playing during garbage time in games.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

It can't hurt.  We are terrible.  We have the best ball handling, playmaking group of athletes assembled as we have ever had and we cannot get them the ball in space.  We cannot maintain a drive when we need one, and the entire team is in turmoil over a QB controversy.  

Why the heck not?

I don't think he will get a shot.  I think he should though.  I'm not too worried about David Carr syndrome, so long as we address the offensive line woes sooner than later.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

This is a debate that's been whispered around the edges of some of the other discussion, but I thought I'd go ahead and speak it aloud.

If the Panthers were eliminated from playoff contention (a serious possibility at this point) would you want to play out the rest of the season with Will Grier as the starting quarterback?

Some have pointed out that we'd have nothing to lose by seeing what we have in him. Others have suggested that you take the risk of giving him David Carr syndrome by sticking him behind our current offensive line.

What's your take? Would you give him a shot?

Do you believe Ron Rivera would give him a shot?

He's not made of glass. He'd be fine. How many times do you think as a kid this guy wished to be the QB of the Carolina Panthers?

Kyle beat him out btw...the backup QB is always the most popular guy when things go south.  Would like to see Grier as well though.  

• Pie 5

You keep him on the bench. You don't even know what you have in Allen at this point with this horrible line much less what you will have in Grier. Next season you let all three battle it out hopefully with a better line. 

• Pie 5
  • Poo 3

Every team eliminated from playoff contention should be exploring what they have in depth pieces.

I'm not worried about Grier getting shellshocked, our OLine isn't great but Allen makes it look worse than it is.

This will not happen with Rivera.

• Beer 2

This whole play Grier thing has only come up because the Cam Nut huggers have taken their anger out on Allen and the other group is just in desperation mode thinking somehow a QB is not going to make our Oline a turnstile. 

Edited by Snake
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 6

1 minute ago, Snake said:

This whole play Grier thing has only come up because the Cam Nut huggers have taken their anger out on Allen and the other group is just in desperation mode thinking somehow a QB is not going to make our Oline a turnstile. 

You're approaching Nails/Hardy territory 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Kyle beat him out btw...the backup QB is always the most popular guy when things go south.  Would like to see Grier as well though.  

An evaluation brought to you by the guy who believed Amini Silatolu was better than Andrew Norwell.

Granted, you have Turner's input as well but still...

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

I'd love to see if Grier has gotten better, but I'm not holding my breath.  I don't think it sends the right message to the team.  These guys are still playing for future contracts and putting their film together when the team gets blown up.  Rivera will stick with Allen because he gives them the best chance to win now.  Grier...who knows.  All I know in preseason, he looked like Allen did on Sunday...  So it could be much worse!