Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER

It is really goddamn funny that cops keep writing “oink little piggy!!” on their own coffee cups

1 minute ago, g5jamz said:

Re: the highway incident.  Once cornered, what do you think the response should’ve been. 

Who shot first.

and if the perps shot first are you suggesting the cops just lie back and wait until they are done shooting before doing anything?

Love to hear thoughts on what the ROE here is except from the resident cop hater.

Maybe don't corner armed robbers on a busy highway as if were living in Baghdad?

1 minute ago, firefox1234 said:

Maybe don't corner armed robbers on a busy highway as if were living in Baghdad?

I’m sure they had a say about the route the bad guys took.  

5 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

So they should start a shootout at whichever route the armed robbers take? Maybe next time the armed robbers should be cornered by cops at your work place or maybe your children's school. I bet you would be as forgiving towards any collateral damage.

3 hours ago, g5jamz said:

Re: the highway incident.  Once cornered, what do you think the response should’ve been. 

Why corner them?

Who shot first.

I don't know.

and if the perps shot first are you suggesting the cops just lie back and wait until they are done shooting before doing anything?

No. I do suggest that they don't take cover behind cars with innocent bystanders in them.* Are you suggesting cops should be able to handle any engagement however they see fit as long as it means they get to go home safely?

Love to hear thoughts on what the ROE here is except from the resident cop hater.

K.

*What if the cops shot first?

Edited by 332nd

3 hours ago, g5jamz said:

they sure had a say about the manner in which they engaged the robbers.

they could have easily kept their distance to avoid this confrontation in a heavily populated area. but local PD wanted to roleplay as John Rambo though, innocent civilians be damned.

I work in law enforcement, and one of the first things they teach within firearms training is to have a backstop, if you do not have a proper backstop, do not fire. Who in the world would justify any of this? Your worst case scenario is that person kills the hostage, or a police officer is shot in the line of duty, so instead you kill the hostage yourself, and endanger what, 20 something civilians? This is where the cop issue stems from in the first place, they do not see civilians on equal footing as them, they have priority over themselves, and see us all as potential criminals as opposed to human beings, this creates this horrid brotherhood where snitching on each other is far worse than standing up for what is right. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Verge said:

I work in law enforcement, and one of the first things they teach within firearms training is to have a backstop, if you do not have a proper backstop, do not fire. Who in the world would justify any of this? Your worst case scenario is that person kills the hostage, or a police officer is shot in the line of duty, so instead you kill the hostage yourself, and endanger what, 20 something civilians? This is where the cop issue stems from in the first place, they do not see civilians on equal footing as them, they have priority over themselves, and see us all as potential criminals as opposed to human beings, this creates this horrid brotherhood where snitching on each other is far worse than standing up for what is right. 

I acknowledge the best course of action for this entire thing is stopping the chase, having the chopper monitor, and just having cars nearby for whenever this truck does go somewhere where they can move in on it. I don't disagree with that take so much.

From what I understand (and I could be wrong, we'll know as more facts come out): 1) the two suspects exchanged gunfire with the jewelry store owner and a lady may have been hit, 2) they shot at the police during the chase while in motion (i've read conflicting accounts here). So yeah, let them roll and have chopper monitor. And, as those said here, if they shoot at more people then just deal with that later. That's on the gunmen.

Now, handling this as they did (by which I mean the chase)...what would you have the officers do? I  will 100% acknowledge that they SHOULD have stopped the chase at least several minutes before they hit the road they were on when the shootout happened, but once there, do they just wait it out? If the gunmen get out firing, do the officers just barricade and wait and hope more people don't get hit?

Also, I am sick and tired of this "they were chasing criminals for stealing jewelry" narrative because that's ignoring the fact that they were armed and firing at people before this chase and to ignore that aspect of it is stupid. These guys were a genuine danger to people already, disregarding the larceny and auto theft and even the hostage taking. It's like saying if an active shooter in a mall steals some shoes or something and escapes and leads police on a chase that the cops are chasing a guy for stealing shoes. These guys were firing at people in the commission of a crime.

Equally stupid is I saw an interview taken that night on scene with some brass from the PD where he said something to the effect of "if these guys give up and are held accountable for their crimes, WE wouldn't have to put so many people in danger" and it makes me think they just didn't think this whole thing through. It's a tough situation all around.

12 hours ago, 332nd said:

No. I do suggest that they don't take cover behind cars with innocent bystanders in them.* Are you suggesting cops should be able to handle any engagement however they see fit as long as it means they get to go home safely?

Ya if they are in a unsafe place you get them out of the car and away from lines of fire. If they are out of lines of fire you tell them to get down. But you don’t use cars filled with bystanders as barricades. 

She mourned the loss of a son who was a “family man,” who did not drink, smoke or do drugs and who was dedicated to his daughters.

Apolinario said she has watched the news footage of the shootout over and over again and cannot fathom any of it.

“They didn’t give him a chance,” she said. “He crouched down to get out and they started shooting. Why couldn’t they think of something else? People are so smart in this country. How could they not think before they started shooting? They killed him! They didn’t give him a chance! They didn’t give him a chance.”

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-heartbroken-mother-speaks-ups-driver-killed-police-shootout-florida-20191208-cymo3qee4fcyhd6bbxom7mlhwm-story.html