Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

RumHam

Tepper if you do snoop this board, your thoughts on hurney are wrong

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, bobowilson said:

During his speech, Smith was emotional when talking about his time in Carolina.

Did he punch anybody?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I don't understand how people reconcile Marty Hurney and Ron Rivera both being terrible.  Either the roster is talented enough to win and we are losing because of poor coaching, or the roster is devoid of talent which is virtually impossible to overcome with any level of coaching.

You would think people are being unreasonable in here if they're saying Hurney is dogshit and sucks at assembling a roster, but also wondering why Rivera doesn't perennially lead us to the playoffs every season.  I agree with those saying that Rivera + Hurney is a bad combination, but it's very likely that one's poor performance is hindering the other's success.  Tepper apparently thinks Hurney was the one being negatively impacted here, and if I had to choose one or the other, I'd agree with that assessment.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I don't understand how people reconcile Marty Hurney and Ron Rivera both being terrible.  Either the roster is talented enough to win and we are losing because of poor coaching, or the roster is devoid of talent which is virtually impossible to overcome with any level of coaching.

You would think people are being unreasonable in here if they're saying Hurney is dogshit and sucks at assembling a roster, but also wondering why Rivera doesn't perennially lead us to the playoffs every season.  I agree with those saying that Rivera + Hurney is a bad combination, but it's very likely that one's poor performance is hindering the other's success.  Tepper apparently thinks Hurney was the one being negatively impacted here, and if I had to choose one or the other, I'd agree with that assessment.

Maybe because they never produced a winning season together but Rivera did so repeatedly with a different GM? :thinking:

Edited by Mr. Scot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

David, don't trust the informed opinion of yourself or others who actually have knowledge of the organization from within. Instead you should trust Mr. Rumham who forms his opinion based on ESPN and gut feelings.

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Toomers said:

Daryl Williams the draft pick played well. DW the injured. FA we put out at LT, was horrible as expected. That’s a FA signing. Now it’s the DL that Hurney had nothing but a negative to do with, that was the difference? And you’re nitpicking All-Pro selections while glossing over that we got nothing to help the OL in the 4 years prior to 2013. And trading a 2013 3rd for Joe Adams when the pick could have been Terron Armstead or Keenen Allen. 

   Now it’s we weren’t a “strong” 15-1 team. As usual, no W-L records or facts allowed in these discussions. 

 

what the fug are you on about mate, im saying that hurney is a good DRAFTER. im not saying he is a good cap manager, or a good f/a signer, he sucks ass at BOTH of those. im saying that hurney has a good eye for COLLEGE talent, and that he has been good at picking players for us. not ACQUIRING, not SIGNING, not TRADING for, that he is good at DRAFTING them. he trades picks like a dumbass, 100%! but that's not what i'm arguing, im arguing that hwen he's on the clock, he generally makes a good selection

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, beo said:

what the fug are you on about mate, im saying that hurney is a good DRAFTER. im not saying he is a good cap manager, or a good f/a signer, he sucks ass at BOTH of those. im saying that hurney has a good eye for COLLEGE talent, and that he has been good at picking players for us. not ACQUIRING, not SIGNING, not TRADING for, that he is good at DRAFTING them. he trades picks like a dumbass, 100%! but that's not what i'm arguing, im arguing that hwen he's on the clock, he generally makes a good selection

No. You were trying to give Hurney credit for any success after he was gone. And it didn’t go your way at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Considering his performance this year, I'd wait a bit before you start patting Marty on the back on this one.

Never plays.

Good pick, but shouldn't be a starter.  But for depth?  Good pick.

Never plays.

kRzGKG4.gif

Donte Jackson second year surpasses Bradberry's second year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The past is the past. The value in Hurney is what he will do. Based upon his last couple of drafts, relative to most GM's, I'm not mad at him. I get what Tepper is saying. 

That being said, if Tepper fires Hurney today, I wouldn't be shocked. I think he'll give Hurney cracks at doing his thing until Hurney fails this second time around, and--like it or not--the failure of the team during the last couple of years had more to do with injuries to Cam and (IMO) the coaches not putting players in the best position to succeed. 

I don't hate Hurney like some of you, and I still find his reemergence and recent body of work very fascinating and highly entertaining.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 9:24 AM, Toomers said:

No. You were trying to give Hurney credit for any success after he was gone. And it didn’t go your way at all. 

what? it did go my way because he built most of the core that had the success, showing that he is atleast a good drafter even if you dont want to admit it. god you're one of those peopel who strokes their own ego because they can win an online forum debate lmao,  which you didnt even win. you're like the italians perading around through some small egyptian towned they sacked during ww2 proclaiming a new roman empire while failing to realize that the egyptians had no troops stationed there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, beo said:

what? it did go my way because he built most of the core that had the success, showing that he is atleast a good drafter even if you dont want to admit it. god you're one of those peopel who strokes their own ego because they can win an online forum debate lmao,  which you didnt even win. you're like the italians perading around through some small egyptian towned they sacked during ww2 proclaiming a new roman empire while failing to realize that the egyptians had no troops stationed there

Well. Most of your list didn’t apply. It was easily shown that DG built the majority of those teams(with the same players Hurney couldn’t/ and still hasn’t won anything with.) 

   What else do you want? Seven trying to make up rules S you went along didn’t help. 
 

  Sorry if you don’t like people telling you that you are wrong. Too bad. Lifetime hard. You will find this out after puberty. Don’t banks about Italians. Tell me exactly what I was right about and We can go from there.....Again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Toomers said:

Well. Most of your list didn’t apply. It was easily shown that DG built the majority of those teams(with the same players Hurney couldn’t/ and still hasn’t won anything with.) 

   What else do you want? Seven trying to make up rules S you went along didn’t help. 
 

  Sorry if you don’t like people telling you that you are wrong. Too bad. Lifetime hard. You will find this out after puberty. Don’t banks about Italians. Tell me exactly what I was right about and We can go from there.....Again. 

the egotism is something else, i can smell the cheeto crust lmao. you never really directly addressed any of my points, you just danced around them and twisted my words into stuff i didnt mean. i said that hurney was a good drafter and that most of the core in our peak (2013-2015) was built by hurney, that is TRUE. the examples you brought up that gettleman "built" were all below average aspects of the team. did he do decent given the cap situation? sure he did. i didnt say he didnt. what i did say is that hurney was a good talent evaluator, which he is. i wasnt making up rules, i was going off of the OPs criteria of our PEAK THIS DECADE, which was from 2013-2015. that isnt a "made up rule" as you tried to frame it, that's you reaching for somethign to call me out on. again, i acknolwedged hurney was a bad cap manager, but i said that he was a good talent evaulator, and that he drafted most of the core that this team peaked with. that is objectively TRUE, therefore i am right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, beo said:

the egotism is something else, i can smell the cheeto crust lmao. you never really directly addressed any of my points, you just danced around them and twisted my words into stuff i didnt mean. i said that hurney was a good drafter and that most of the core in our peak (2013-2015) was built by hurney, that is TRUE. the examples you brought up that gettleman "built" were all below average aspects of the team. did he do decent given the cap situation? sure he did. i didnt say he didnt. what i did say is that hurney was a good talent evaluator, which he is. i wasnt making up rules, i was going off of the OPs criteria of our PEAK THIS DECADE, which was from 2013-2015. that isnt a "made up rule" as you tried to frame it, that's you reaching for somethign to call me out on. again, i acknolwedged hurney was a bad cap manager, but i said that he was a good talent evaulator, and that he drafted most of the core that this ctherefore i am right.

So, the OL that was ranked #2 that year. They were below average. Sure....It’s my ego...LOL The same OL that Hurney didn’t even try and improve from 2009-12. Amini was our only pick in top 5 rounds of 4 drafts. 

 

Or Should we use YOuR OWN WORDS!!!! Was that DL that you just called below average, the reason you gave for the secondary xx Lind well. Zoo which is it today. Or do you need a L.J. Ute to get your BS together? Because it seems like you do. I CNt wait for tomorrow’s new rules. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Toomers said:

So, the OL that was ranked #2 that year. They were below average. Sure....It’s my ego...LOL The same OL that Hurney didn’t even try and improve from 2009-12. Amini was our only pick in top 5 rounds of 4 drafts. 

 

Or Should we use YOuR OWN WORDS!!!! Was that DL that you just called below average, the reason you gave for the secondary xx Lind well. Zoo which is it today. Or do you need a L.J. Ute to get your BS together? Because it seems like you do. I CNt wait for tomorrow’s new rules. 

i dont think ive ever seen someone on an internet forum as fuging retarded as you are and i used to browse 4chan actively holy poo LMAO. i dont see how its so difficult for you to proccess that im saying hurney was a good talent evalualtor, and that i disagreed with the op in that ONE REGARD because the man is a good fuging scout and drafter. you can compare his drafts with anyone in the leagues and they stand out. i NEVER said he was good with cap space, i NEVER said he was a good GM, i NEVER acted like he was some fantastic being. i said that he was a good talent evaulator and that he built most of our core in our best years, he drafted the guys on the team. are you too stupid to realize what im saying? but yeah dude im making up rules based on what the OP said, i sure am spewing fallacies or whatever you're trying to say. and i dont knwow here you got they were #2 from, that didnt look like the #2 line in the SB, or when cam constatnly had to break out of DEs because he was being sacked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, beo said:

i dont think ive ever seen someone on an internet forum as fuging retarded as you are and i used to browse 4chan actively holy poo LMAO. i dont see how its so difficult for you to proccess that im saying hurney was a good talent evalualtor, and that i disagreed with the op in that ONE REGARD because the man is a good fuging scout and drafter. you can compare his drafts with anyone in the leagues and they stand out. i NEVER said he was good with cap space, i NEVER said he was a good GM, i NEVER acted like he was some fantastic being. i said that he was a good talent evaulator and that he built most of our core in our best years, he drafted the guys on the team. are you too stupid to realize what im saying? but yeah dude im making up rules based on what the OP said, i sure am spewing fallacies or whatever you're trying to say. and i dont knwow here you got they were #2 from, that didnt look like the #2 line in the SB, or when cam constatnly had to break out of DEs because he was being sacked. 

Of course not.  Because Im Not ignorant Enough to believe your hypocrisy.i questioned ONE thing and you want some overall feeling to erase you double-talking. Make it easier. Just say everything Hurney did was good. and everything DG did was below average. Save time if you are going to end up there

   So PFF(can’t use one of us can we) rated them 2nd and they had a bad game against a DEF that hit Brady 20 times the week before. But sure. 

AND I assume you want to forget the part about the DL was stellar enough to make the secondary good,but then they weren’t. I do blame you. I would be ashamed as well.

 

Edited by Toomers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...