Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

bobowilson

David Tepper was famously known for only hiring Ivy League graduates at Appaloosa Management

Using this logic, our next quarterback is Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Quick Tip: Football ain't business, at least not on the field.

Stefanski may well be our next head coach, but if he is it'll have nothing to do with where he went to college.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 4
  • Poo 5

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Stefanski may well be our next head coach, but if he is it'll have nothing to do with where he went to college.

Cognitive ceilings are not very important in quarterbacks or athletes, but the major reason Tepper and Rivera could never get on the same page.

I've worked around people like Tepper most of my adult life.  Unless you've been around them, it's easy to underestimate how much they care about pedigree and g-factor.

You can take this one to the bank, Stefanski is our next head coach.  

This will be a fun thread to bump in a few months.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The point is Tepper wants highly intelligent people running things. Makes sense. Rivera was a good guy but couldn’t ever out smart his opponents. Tepper wants a strategist (among other things). The best strategists are smart people.

Fitzmagic was smart but he wasn’t a great athlete.

Just now, Tbe said:

The point is Tepper wants highly intelligent people running things. Makes sense. Rivera was a good guy but couldn’t ever out smart his opponents. Tepper wants a strategist (among other things). The best strategists are smart people.

Fitzmagic was smart but he wasn’t a great athlete.

There's quite a history of well pedigreed people getting into Ivy League schools because of their last name and family wealth too. Stellar academics is only one of the avenues.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

I'm not against it. 

Yep.  Vikings offense has been outstanding this year.  

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's quite a history of well pedigreed people getting into Ivy League schools because of their last name and family wealth too. Stellar academics is only one of the avenues.

Of course, but I think you misunderstand my point. Forget what school someone went to. Tepper likes very smart people. That’s the type.of person he hires.

• Pie 1

It won't have to do with where he went to school but Stefanski would be a very good candidate.  It would have to be vetted how much influence Gary Kubiak has on his offense though.

• Pie 1

Just now, bobowilson said:

Cognitive ceilings are not very important in quarterbacks or athletes, but the major reason Tepper and Rivera could never get on the same page.

I've worked around people like Tepper most of my adult life.  Unless you've been around them, it's easy to underestimate how much they care about pedigree and g-factor.

You can take this one to the bank, Stefanski is our next head coach.  

This will be a fun thread to bump in a few months.

Stefanski very well could be our head coach, but if it happens, it won't be because Tepper sees where he went to college and goes "this is the guy". It'll be because he interviewed well and did the best job of selling himself as the long term answer.

Side Note: Marty Hurney went to Catholic University in DC. If an Ivy League education is that important, doesn't bode well for him..

4 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Of course, but I think you misunderstand my point. Forget what school someone went to. Tepper likes very smart people. That’s the type.of person he hires.

Im totally on board with that. The Ivy League on designation just seems a strange fixation but then again, the high end financial world certainly has some very strange fixations.