Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

bobowilson

David Tepper was famously known for only hiring Ivy League graduates at Appaloosa Management

27 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

Lmao! I’m pretty sure this is Mr. Scot’s, alt you guys.

Now that is funny.

3 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

Of course I am, because I’m the boss.

No way you do everything you want to do and only what you want to do, every day.

That's the definition of being the boss....you're not your own boss.

1 minute ago, SBiii said:

No way you do everything you want to do and only what you want to do, every day.

That's the definition of being the boss....you're not your own boss.

I find it humorous that you believe that being the boss somehow means you “get to do everything you want and only what you want to do, every day.” That sounds like a kindergartner’s definition of a ‘boss.’

2 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

I find it humorous that you believe that being the boss somehow means you “get to do everything you want and only what you want to do, every day.” That sounds like a kindergartner’s definition of a ‘boss.’

As if you would know...

On topic, what kind of boss do you believe Tepper to be?

Edited by SBiii

1 minute ago, SBiii said:

As if you would know...

On topic, what kind of boss do you believe Tepper to be?

The kind that’s smart enough not to lurk on message boards to glean insight from a bunch of hysterical fans.

I get it. You’re one of those MLM, “I’m my own boss!” guys. #bossbabe

• Flames 3

11 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

The kind that’s smart enough not to lurk on message boards to glean insight from a bunch of hysterical fans.

I get it. You’re one of those MLM, “I’m my own boss!” guys. #bossbabe

Who said anything about Tepper lurking?  What a stupid thought.

You took issue with my position that Tepper could care less where a person was educated --- why did you do this?

Do you really believe Tepper cares about the institution on the diploma over the skills and capability a person may possess?

6 hours ago, PhillyB said:

you're so goddamn arrogant and obnoxious anytime someone posts something informative you haven't already thought of

fuging thank you. Also love how because it’s not from his dumbass Twitter “insiders” he instantly casts doubt on it even though it’s a logical well thought out example. But god forbid Florio or Someone says a name it’ll be highly likely according to him. 

• Flames 1

The joke is you don't understand why he did that. A hedge fund is basically run by one man. The rest is acquiring capital. Guess who's families have the most capital? 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

Also if you want to be rich and are not rich already you don't go to a hedge fund you go to Goldman Sachs as a data analyst. That's about the only way. 

Edited by Snake

I dont believe the premise holds here because his other hires dont strictly adhere to it. Though I do think his business hires do come from the cream of the crop.

• Poo 1

8 hours ago, bobowilson said:

Forget the fact he scored a 1400 on his SATs,

Umm did you write that or some uninformed journalist? 1400 for ivy league... he was the slow person in class.

Regarding the original topic, I don't think that Tepper hiring Ivy leaguers for his firm means he would hire an Ivy League head coach.  I have worked with or for financial institutions for the last 25 years, and a lot of it is reputation.  They hire some of those guys for reputation purposes.  They gladly report that hey, 90% of our fund managers graduated from Ivy league institutions.  Also because many of the hiring managers are Ivy Leaguers, and they hire people like themselves.  Even on the IT side, they paid for us to get mostly useless certifications just so they could say all their engineers were certified.  

I don't thing he is as concerned about hiring Ivy Leaguers to improve the reputation of his football team.  That being said, the Viking guy might be the best option.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, Mage said:

Yep.  Vikings offense has been outstanding this year.  

I believe the beginning of the season they weren't. Then Something flipped a switch. 

9 hours ago, SBiii said:

What leads you to conclude Gronk "is pretty dumb"?

I have been around enough dumb people in my life and I've seen Gronk talk plenty of times. Pretty high chance he is pretty dumb.

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I have been around enough dumb people in my life and I've seen Gronk talk plenty of times. Pretty high chance he is pretty dumb.

people say he's smart in real life.   i find it hard to believe too, but maybe he's smart enough to play a lovable dumb jock.

• Pie 1