Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

NanuqoftheNorth

Nikki Haley: Confederate Flag Just Meant ‘Sacrifice and Heritage’ Until Dylann Roof ‘Hijacked’ It

I am still amazed at the number of people on here that will speak positively about Nikki Haley.

I won't be surprised when she throws her hat into the ring for POTUS in 2024 and all the usual suspects sing her praises.

She is nothing more than a war mongering corporate shill, willing to do or say anything to advance her career.

She's seen the power plays and way things work at the top level with this corrupt leader and his system; and likes being in the mix as either a government participant or a right wing media pundit, selling books either way. The right look at the right time, but her credibility will be stained by her being appointed by Trump to wreck our relationship with the UN. We are the CCCP of the 2010s there now, voting against everything progressive involving erasing poverty or promoting health initiatives that don't directly impact us. I can only imagine how concerned other countries are that Trump could order the world destroyed if he wanted to.

6 hours ago, ImaginaryKev said:

"We don't have hateful people in South Carolina"

As a black man born and raised there i say lololololol

As a white man raised there I also say lololololol. Living in NC for a couple decades I see it here too. I see it everywhere, tbh. Saw it when I lived in Virginia, Pennsylvania, Arkansas. 

Hate is everywhere, but in the deep South you see it and hear it a lot. It's just sugar-coated down here.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

As a white man raised there I also say lololololol. Living in NC for a couple decades I see it here too. I see it everywhere, tbh. Saw it when I lived in Virginia, Pennsylvania, Arkansas. 

Hate is everywhere, but in the deep South you see it and hear it a lot. It's just sugar-coated down here.

"But we all got along fine back then" the typical response from a racist southerner when you mention Jim Crow.

• Pie 2

45 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

also this

14347446637791436017712.jpg

it loses the effect when it's not posted sideways

13 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

I know that its tempting to paint everyone who doesnt see everything exactly the same way as you as racist.... 

You do realize that she was responsible for having the flag removed right? 

https://twitter.com/peterjhasson/status/1203105913009258498

And all it took was a Nazi massacre in a black church.  Bravo.

Also get off chud Twitter, it's bad for your brain

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield
  • Pie 1

Just now, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

And all it took was a Nazi massacre in a black church.  Bravo.

Fair. But do you think that flag being up or down was going to stop him from shooting up that church? 

1 hour ago, TheWiz said:

I know that its tempting to paint everyone who doesnt see everything exactly the same way as you as racist.... 

You do realize that she was responsible for having the flag removed right? 

https://twitter.com/peterjhasson/status/1203105913009258498

no, immense multi-generational pressure from heroic anti-racist SJWs led to a begrudging politically optic decision to take it down. haley gets virtually no credit

• Pie 2

She literally lied in that interview and is rightfully getting called out for it, whiz. She also caved to immense pressure, as Philly said, and it took a black activist named Bree Newsome climbing up and snatching it down herself and massive protests after a mass shooting to finally persuade Haley to do the right thing. fug off with this "not everyone who disagrees with you is racist" trope when she's lying to pander to racists and everyone is calling her out for it. 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, TheWiz said:

Fair. But do you think that flag being up or down was going to stop him from shooting up that church? 

What?  Did I or anyone else in this thread say it would have?

But to answer your question, no.  White supremacy is already quite well ingrained in society and, while the love affair some people have with a piece of cloth is certainly part of it, I think Dylan Roof probably would have committed his act of terrorism regardless.

What I'm saying is that it's no feather in Nikki Haley's cap that it took an indescribably heinous, vile crime by a hate-filled human net-negative to provoke action, especially when people had been calling for the flag to come down for years.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield
  • Pie 1