Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

NanuqoftheNorth

205,000+ sign petition to remove Vick as Pro Bowl captain

14 hours ago, g5jamz said:

Is TheBlue==TheRed?  

they have completely different posting styles. theblue is a good poster. thered doesn't seem to come to the tinderbox much lately

4 hours ago, TheBlue said:

except it doesnt because lewis was never convicted.. 

and ben is white so its still there. try again though

But Ben wasn't convicted either...? Thinking hating people who torture dogs or mistreat any animal is rooted in racism is dumb as fug. 

Edited by Verge

25 minutes ago, Verge said:

But Ben wasn't convicted either...? Thinking hating people who torture dogs or mistreat any animal is rooted in racism is dumb as fug. 

no hating people who have paid their debts, atoned for their sins, and made actual efforts to right wrongs afterwards who are black while giving passes to other people is rooted in racism. it may not apply to everyone. but you are lying to yourself if their arent people who are comfortable hating on vick while keeping their mouth shut about others who havent gone as far to mend situations as vick has. 

i would counter that not adding the context of vicks impoverished and violent upbringing as a lens in which to view his indiscretions is even more dumb and willfully ignorant of the violence poor people are brought up in. It would be wise to education yourself before judging. 

Edited by TheBlue
  • Pie 1

20 minutes ago, TheBlue said:

no hating people who have paid their debts, atoned for their sins, and made actual efforts to right wrongs afterwards who are black while giving passes to other people is rooted in racism. it may not apply to everyone. but you are lying to yourself if their arent people who are comfortable hating on vick while keeping their mouth shut about others who havent gone as far to mend situations as vick has. 

i would counter that not adding the context of vicks impoverished and violent upbringing as a lens in which to view his indiscretions is even more dumb and willfully ignorant of the violence poor people are brought up in. It would be wise to education yourself before judging. 

Yes, racist people exist, no one argues this at all, I am sure some people hate Vick because he is black and refuse to forgive because of this one fact. As long as you aren't arguing that the majority of people who strongly dislike him for his actions, is rooted is racism, because it really isn't. We have seen the same type of movements towards the Jimmy John's and other CEO types for big game hunting. I do not know of a celebrity who did anything comparable to the evil poo that Vick did to animals, so it's hard to make a real comparison in that regard. 

I do not excuse people who commit heinous acts such as this because of their upbringing, and neither should you. Atoning for your sins? Cool, great, I am all for bettering yourself, and you should not have to serve more time for the crime you have done the time for, but this does not translate to public view or perception. Just because you worked to make yourself better after what you did, does not release you from the eternal consequences of those incredibly horrible actions. 

1 minute ago, Verge said:

Yes, racist people exist, no one argues this at all, I am sure some people hate Vick because he is black and refuse to forgive because of this one fact. As long as you aren't arguing that the majority of people who strongly dislike him for his actions, is rooted is racism, because it really isn't. We have seen the same type of movements towards the Jimmy John's and other CEO types for big game hunting. I do not know of a celebrity who did anything comparable to the evil poo that Vick did to animals, so it's hard to make a real comparison in that regard. 

I do not excuse people who commit heinous acts such as this because of their upbringing, and neither should you.

and you should not have to serve more time for the crime you have done the time for, but this does not translate to public view or perception. Just because you worked to make yourself better after what you did, does not release you from the eternal consequences of those incredibly horrible actions. 

we differ in the idea people are capable of redemption then. 

Atoning for your sins? Cool, great, I am all for bettering yourself,

i dont think you actually whole heartily believe that. or i guess a better way to put it is that you dont want to have to witness someone try to come back from that sort of thing in public. if it were up to you people would just go crawl into a corner and die. 

I choose be a more understanding person. Not hide behind some sense of moral indignation.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheBlue said:

we differ in the idea people are capable of redemption then. 

i dont think you actually whole heartily believe that. or i guess a better way to put it is that you dont want to have to witness someone try to come back from that sort of thing in public. if it were up to you people would just go crawl into a corner and die. 

I choose be a more understanding person. Not hide behind some sense of moral indignation.

So I assume you will be all for putting Jared Fogle back in some Subway commercials when he gets out? There are forgivable crimes, and there are unforgivable ones, I see both Fogle's and Vick's crime as completely reprehensible, though obviously on different levels, both are evil. So yeah, if both of them just kept completely out of the public eye, that would be totally great with me.

And no, I am not equating torturing/killing dogs with the poo Fogle did, just using your argument with other obviously evil and heinous crimes.

Edited by Verge

Vick, Peace and Phillips hung approximately three dogs who did not perform well in a "rolling session," which indicates the readiness of a dog to fight. According to the report, the three men hung the dogs "by placing a nylon cord over a 2 X 4 that was nailed to two trees located next to the big shed. They also drowned approximately three dogs by putting the dogs' heads in a five gallon bucket of water."

"Jumper cables were clipped onto the ears of underperforming dogs, then, just like with a car, the cables were connected to the terminals of car batteries before lifting and tossing the shamed dogs into the water."

Vick placed pets in the ring against pit bulls owned by "Bad Newz Kennels" at least twice and watched as the pit bulls "caused major injuries." The witness said Vick and co-defendants Purnell Peace and Quanis Phillips "thought it was funny to watch the pit bull dogs belonging to Bad Newz Kennels injure or kill the other dogs."

The dogs were killed by shooting, hanging, electrocution and drowning, and in at least one instance, according to one of the witnesses, when Vick and Phillips killed a red pit bull by "slamming it to the ground several times before it died, breaking the dog's back or neck."

9 hours ago, Inimicus said:

And Ray Lewis was complicit in murder but is both welcome and revered in NFL circles. 

Guess that fugs that racism notion in the ass

The real truth to get from all this is the NFL is truly a terrible company with little morals and standards.   Everything takes a backseat to the $ more than usual in America.     It doesn't matter how many flyovers, camoflauge gear, or cool "for the troops" cletes they promote, they are still a terrible company.   

• Pie 2

16 hours ago, Inimicus said:

Dude if you think for one second that Vick would have taken any less poo for cockfighting I dont know what to tell you.  Setting animals against one another to fight to the death is a shitty thing to do whether its dogs, rosters, or beta fish. 

You want this to be a racial issue, but Im sorry brother, Its just not.  Vick is a POS as would be the white dude/chick that put any other two creatures in an "arena" and set them against each other.

I haven't mentioned race.  I just don't think a person who buys over-sized chicken breasts to throw on the grill has any business complaining about animal abuse.

It happens all the time and, quite frequently, the end result is on a plate.

Selective outrage, race related or not.

It's 100% selective outrage. I don't have a problem with that dog festival in China because they're food there like chickens and cows and pigs are here. And yeah, I know they way they're killed is inhumane, but nothing about meat consumption here is humane either.

3 hours ago, SmootsDaddy89 said:

It's 100% selective outrage. I don't have a problem with that dog festival in China because they're food there like chickens and cows and pigs are here. And yeah, I know they way they're killed is inhumane, but nothing about meat consumption here is humane either.

only to elderly people. chinese millennials often hijack the trucks headed to that festival and adopt the dogs.

There are forgivable crimes, and there are unforgivable ones,

ok cool. dont forgive him. but to activately hold him back because YOU wont forgive him makes you pos. full stop.