Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Doc Holiday

About this Cam Newton leaving talk...

I'm accustomed to the Owner of my team doing everything possible to make me hate my team.  If Cam goes out like this, after Smitty and several other mistakes made, I'm not sure my fandom will survive it.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

See how he does next year, if healthy and comes back 100% give him a big contract with incentives to off set the injury risk. His play history when healthy has already proven to be worthy. It’s just a question if he can stay healthy.

This is where it gets tricky though.  It's basically a prove it year for him. If he was healthy, would be getting his 3rd contract worked out about now.  If he looks good, then we'll need to sign a deal during the season as you mention.  If he doesn't come back right, a tag & trade will be super hard so are we all just willing to risk next year on him?  It's a big risk for the future given the value that could be had right now for him.  It drops if next year doesn't work out.  It's a decision I see both sides to.   

Best Case: You get Cam freaking Newton back with a chance to compete; however in a brand new system and on a team rebuilding.  Could be a minor build and we could be good quickly but Tepper sounds like he wants a clean slate in many respects.  We sign him to a 4 year type deal and have time to find the next guy while Cam continues through his prime, we contend for SBs.   

Risk: Cam doesn't come back right/gets injured, value is lost, we let him walk at the end of his contract, no compensation.  A team rebuilding gets nothing for him.     

It's a situation I can't remember a QB & team having in quite some time. 

The man rolled over in his lifted truck close to falling off the damn bridge and PLAYED that season with a friggin broken back bone and he won't play next year?!? I don't have to ask the question "how will Cam perform AFTER he gets paid?". You know why? I know he's not playing for $$$ he plays for clout. To be the best. You spend all this time grooming a franchise QB to give him away to another team because it's time for THEM to "win".

Listen to yourselves.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

If another team is willing to pay him anything in excess of two years, 20 million, then he absolutely has leverage.

Remember back in mid-season, word was there were at least ten teams that wanted him. All it takes is one.

He can’t negotiate with other teams and even if teams want to trade for him we don’t have to trade him right now at all. If we get an offer we can’t refuse then yeah obviously go ahead but otherwise the play should be to just hang onto him this year and see what he has left if anything. Cam has no real choice but to play for us here if we want to keep him. It’s either play now or sit out the year and not get paid or get to show teams what he has left.

• Pie 2

I hope he gets Chudzinski back and wrecks the NFL.

That man has unfinished business and could step right in.

Just now, rippadonn said:

Chud head coach, Scott Turner OC, Perry Fewell DC.

Rob Chudzinski has been unemployed since 2017.

You think we're going to make him head coach over guys that are winning in the NFL right now?

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rob Chudzinski has been unemployed since 2017.

You think we're going to make him head coach over guys that are winning in the NFL right now?

The analytics say he's the best coach for Cam especially or perhaps another young QB.

Plus he's a Norv guy. We could keep boogieing and KEEP POUNDING.

Edited by rippadonn

47 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Even still.. he masked a lot of serious problems with this team. Things that wont show up on the stat sheet. How truly bad the offensive line is and our redzone inability to finish games off on 4th and 1.. Cam has just has more ability to put us in a better position to win games and elevate the rest of this average roster.

I agree with that.  If I thought Cam was done / not a good QB I wouldn't want him back if he was healthy.  I just think we have to be realistic, and Cam - like pretty much every QB - really will need a decent roster around him to succeed.  I do not believe the 2020 Panthers will be a decent roster.

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

The analytics say he's the best coach for Cam especially or perhaps another young QB.

Uh, any analytics of Chudzinski as a head coach would factor in his time in Cleveland.

Either way, there are no analytics available that are going to put Rob Chudzinski ahead of Josh McDaniels or Greg Roman.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Uh, any analytics of Chudzinski as a head coach would factor in his time in Cleveland.

Either way, there are no analytics available that are going to put Rob Chudzinski ahead of Josh McDaniels or Greg Roman.

Chud got shafted. Was it like only 1yr?!? How can you base any long term statistic on that. Before that he had Cam Newton performing at HOF levels now he has head coaching experience. Yes.

Yes all day.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

what analytics say that?

I wasn't sad, after his 2nd season here, to see Chud leave but agree he did get the shaft in Cleveland.

He is probably unemployed because he is or was collecting millions from his contract and waiting on the right situation.

Edited by stratocatter

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

what analytics say that?

None that were put together by professional NFL analysts.

Rob Chudzinski right now is not on anybody's head coaching list. Hell, nobody's even called him about an assistant job in the last two years.

Just now, stratocatter said:

I wasn't sad, after his 2nd season here, to see Chud leave but agree he did get the shaft in Cleveland.

He is probably unemployed because he is or was collecting millions from his contract and waiting on the right situationl.

i think it more had to do with the fact his offenses in Indy were pretty bad.