Jump to content
Carolina Huddle

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doc Holiday

About this Cam Newton leaving talk...

Recommended Posts

I hope he gets Chudzinski back and wrecks the NFL.

That man has unfinished business and could step right in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Just now, rippadonn said:

Chud head coach, Scott Turner OC, Perry Fewell DC.

Rob Chudzinski has been unemployed since 2017.

You think we're going to make him head coach over guys that are winning in the NFL right now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rob Chudzinski has been unemployed since 2017.

You think we're going to make him head coach over guys that are winning in the NFL right now?

The analytics say he's the best coach for Cam especially or perhaps another young QB.

Plus he's a Norv guy. We could keep boogieing and KEEP POUNDING.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Even still.. he masked a lot of serious problems with this team. Things that wont show up on the stat sheet. How truly bad the offensive line is and our redzone inability to finish games off on 4th and 1.. Cam has just has more ability to put us in a better position to win games and elevate the rest of this average roster.

I agree with that.  If I thought Cam was done / not a good QB I wouldn't want him back if he was healthy.  I just think we have to be realistic, and Cam - like pretty much every QB - really will need a decent roster around him to succeed.  I do not believe the 2020 Panthers will be a decent roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

The analytics say he's the best coach for Cam especially or perhaps another young QB.

Uh, any analytics of Chudzinski as a head coach would factor in his time in Cleveland.

Either way, there are no analytics available that are going to put Rob Chudzinski ahead of Josh McDaniels or Greg Roman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Uh, any analytics of Chudzinski as a head coach would factor in his time in Cleveland.

Either way, there are no analytics available that are going to put Rob Chudzinski ahead of Josh McDaniels or Greg Roman.

Chud got shafted. Was it like only 1yr?!? How can you base any long term statistic on that. Before that he had Cam Newton performing at HOF levels now he has head coaching experience. Yes.

Yes all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

The analytics say he's the best coach for Cam especially or perhaps another young QB.

what analytics say that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't sad, after his 2nd season here, to see Chud leave but agree he did get the shaft in Cleveland.

 

He is probably unemployed because he is or was collecting millions from his contract and waiting on the right situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

what analytics say that?

None that were put together by professional NFL analysts.

Rob Chudzinski right now is not on anybody's head coaching list. Hell, nobody's even called him about an assistant job in the last two years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stratocatter said:

I wasn't sad, after his 2nd season here, to see Chud leave but agree he did get the shaft in Cleveland.

 

He is probably unemployed because he is or was collecting millions from his contract and waiting on the right situationl.

i think it more had to do with the fact his offenses in Indy were pretty bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

All it takes is for one other team to be willing to offer him more than what we're paying him or more than one year.

Keeping in mind we had a report that at least 10 teams were willing to trade for him despite his injury status earlier this year, are you absolutely positive there's not a single one out of 31 other teams that would be willing to do that?

Yeah but if they’re talking to him Before his contract is up its tampering.

and that also adds to my point that if you have teams lining up like that to sign him, that’s more evidence to my point. You don’t let franchise QB’s go unless there is nothing left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


16 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Yeah but if they’re talking to him Before his contract is up its tampering.

and that also adds to my point that if you have teams lining up like that to sign him, that’s more evidence to my point. You don’t let franchise QB’s go unless there is nothing left.

Or you think the other teams are wrong. and it's worth noting that we're in a position to know more than any of them.

Bottom line here though is that it doesn't  ultimately matter whether other teams are willing to make an offer or not. If Newton says "I won't play without an extension" and the Panthers say "we're not giving you an extension", then I seriously doubt the Panthers are going to force him to hold out or anything of that sort. They're going to trade him or let him go.

You can debate the wisdom of the move if you want, but at least for now, this is speculated to be the most likely outcome unless things change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Or you think the other teams are wrong. and it's worth noting that we're in a position to know more than any of them.

Bottom line here though is that it doesn't  ultimately matter whether other teams are willing to make an offer or not. If Newton says "I won't play without an extension" and the Panthers say "we're not giving you an extension", then I seriously doubt the Panthers are going to force him to hold out or anything of that sort. They're going to trade him or let him go.

You can debate the wisdom of the move if you want, but at least for now, this is speculated to be the most likely outcome unless things change.

Newton has no leverage.  When Tepper announced that the team was in for a rebuild it took any leverage Cam had.  If Cam sits out, there will be no pressure to get him on the field.  Cam can't just sit out and become a free agent next year, that's not how NFL contracts work.  The Panthers have all the leverage.  Whether he is a Panther or not next year is up to the Panthers not Newton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Newton has no leverage.  When Tepper announced that the team was in for a rebuild it took any leverage Cam had.  If Cam sits out, there will be no pressure to get him on the field.  Cam can't just sit out and become a free agent next year, that's not how NFL contracts work.  The Panthers have all the leverage.  Whether he is a Panther or not next year is up to the Panthers not Newton

What good would you actually expect to come of forcing a player who doesn't want to play onto the field? (especially if you're looking at a rebuild)

Throw in that next year's head coach is going to be somebody who doesn't have any ties to Newton. Why would he want that kind of distraction?

I get that guys are trying to come up with any kind of scenario that keeps Newton here, but you're not keeping it realistic at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

What good would you actually expect to come of forcing a player who doesn't want to play onto the field? (especially if you're looking at a rebuild)

Throw in that next year's head coach is going to be somebody who doesn't have any ties to Newton. Why would he want that kind of distraction?

I get that guys are trying to come up with any kind of scenario that keeps Newton here, but you're not keeping it realistic at this point.

So Cam doesn't want to play and is a distraction? I don't understand how you came to that conclusion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...