Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

PanthersNC1984

The Shaq contract pretty much confirms Tepper is JR 2.0

Lol Shaq is AJ Klein? Hahahahaha. 

While believe Shaq is overrated to an extent, he’s a good player and above replacement level without question. 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Rags said:

Rah rah mentality =/= Saying you're overreacting.

What do we lose by retaining Shaq?W Whydo you guys think hes so easily replaceable, and if he's so replaceable, who do we replace him with? What player is resigning Shaq blocking us from? Why lose Shaq and have LB, be it 3-4 or 4-3 be a need?

Shaq is an above average LB, he's done about as well as you would expect from a Late first round pick.

I like Shaq.  I loathe Hurney.

• Beer 1

Hate the overpaid signing but comparing 25 years of it to one move doesn’t make sense. I’ll give it more time to see how it plays out. He’ll we had hardcore JR lovers up to the very end.

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

I cant wait for Hurney to talk olsen out of retirement and sign him to a five year $120 million deal and then resign graham gano to a five year $80 million deal. Tepper has no idea what hes doing and is fuging this franchise future. Bout to be the new tampa

It was as obvious as a thing could be that neither Ron Rivera nor Marty Hurney should have been retained after the 2018 season and that the  “rebuild” should have begun then.

Now, here we are, a year later with “rebuild” still pending, a failed season, Ron Rivera fired a year too late, and the owner utterly Hypnotized by Hurney Hoo-doo.

That tells me all I need to know about Tepper.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

Name one, just one team who has had success by deploying half measures.. You know what I’m talking about, the same crap we have been doing the last decade. HALF MEASURES. Keep the HC, fire the GM (Hurney) or fire the GM but keep the HC (Gettleman) HALF MEASURE. For the love of god can we just never have true fresh start. Why is it so hard to fire Hurney? Make no mistake, The new Shaq contract was Hurney way of saying he is safe and not going anywhere for the forseeable future. Why can’t we be the Bills? They brought in new HC/new GM at the same time and it’s worked wonders. But alas, we are the team of mediocrity and half measures.

Please stop with the reactionary, uninformed bull crap threads!

• Pie 2

In 2 years when Shaq is going to be the 28th highest paid linebacker and voted to his 2nd straight probowl, this will look pretty good. But either way the Huddle is going to whine because that's what they do.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

It was as obvious as a thing could be that neither Ron Rivera nor Marty Hurney should have been retained after the 2018 season and that the  “rebuild” should have begun then.

Now, here we are, a year later with “rebuild” still pending, a failed season, Ron Rivera fired a year too late, and the owner utterly Hypnotized by Hurney Hoo-doo.

That tells me all I need to know about Tepper.

It does seem like Tepper can be easily persuaded 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

It does seem like Tepper can be easily persuaded 

It sounds like Tepper is one of those guys who agrees with everything he’s told by the next person who walks in the room.(it’s the money manager type.) 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Poo 1

We are being pushed at both sides of the line, yet haven’t done anything to fix it.  I do think Shaq is versatile but what would be really nice is is looking at massive guys to beef up the line and test them in the last games of the season.

Dont worry we will have a COO on the football side. It not just 1 GM anymore, there will be someone else to check with before future deals go down.

This season: Shaq has been in the game on about 98% of the defensive snaps--he is versatile.  He can play all LB positions and cover the slot WR---hard to find a player like that.

Shaq has 93 tackles in 12 games (nearly 8 oer game) and three sacks playing one side of the LOS. Luke has 103 tackles and no sacks (2 ints.) this season.

Shaq is 25 years old and playing like a pro bowler.

He has been durable, although he could miss the Atlanta game this week.  

If you want to bash panther contracts, see Turner, Short, Gano, Williams.

• Pie 1

This might be one of the most brutal contract decisions I’ve ever seen

Please tell me how many games Shaq has taken over in his career or how many pro bowls he’s been to...

• Poo 1

15 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

This board is depressing. Quit the knee jerk reactions, the world is not ending. Some of you would be happy to let every  upcoming free agent walk and for us to go 0-16

Exactly.  We don't have anyone to replace him why let good players walk?

One thing for sure. If guys thought they were down on the team before, if our defense ends up getting waxed again today, this contract isn't exactly going to instill much confidence moving forward. The defense that we've invested so much in needs to show out. The 2 win Falcons defense were able to accomplish that against us on our own field. What's our excuse?

27 minutes ago, Rubi said:

This might be one of the most brutal contract decisions I’ve ever seen

Please tell me how many games Shaq has taken over in his career or how many pro bowls he’s been to...

If you watch, he does it all on defense.  He is 25.  Just getting it together.  Since we are not a farm team for those willing to spot and secure talent, I am happy that we retained him.

To be fair to you, I had the same opinion of him when they paid him the $9m fifth year option this season.  I did not like it.  So I watched him all season, and it changed my mind.  He is on pace to have 125-130 tackles, 4 sacks---he is a LB that  covers slot WRs at times.   This season, he was arguably our best LB---think about that.  Luke had a down year (poor DT play). 

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1