Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

What you have heard, and what you haven't heard .

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, BurnHurnBurn said:

Why?  I don’t know?  Cam changed the game for me I guess.  I’ve seen a lot of things in this game, but never the misuse and tossing aside of such an amazing guy.  I’m trying to be honest, so it’s not some sappy bs.  If Cam is just gone I really don’t think I can look at this team the same again.  I don’t like it but I just fell gutted.

I think you would come back if the franchise strings together solid wins. Wins are fun. We just have forgotten what that feels like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I think you would come back if the franchise strings together solid wins. Wins are fun. We just have forgotten what that feels like. 

Throw in that a lot of the people responsible for the previous mediocrity aren't necessarily around anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good post. I think it also matters that we haven’t heard from Cam that he is willing to play without an extension, and one year left on his contract, and prove he can still play and stay healthy.  That is the biggest wildcard in all of this. Anything else and Panthers have no choice but to move on.

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I think you would come back if the franchise strings together solid wins. Wins are fun. We just have forgotten what that feels like. 

Possibly, hopefully.  But if we’re being super honest, I’ve not felt the same since 15.  It’s been piss and vinegar since.  With a heavy dose of salt.  And I’m a ‘95 Death Valley attendee.

  • Milkshake 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BurnHurnBurn said:

Possibly, hopefully.  But if we’re being super honest, I’ve not felt the same since 15.  It’s been piss and vinegar since.  With a heavy dose of salt.  And I’m a ‘95 Death Valley attendee.

Bah. Don't give in to the malaise just yet. The uncertainty of it all sucks but we will get a chance to see the direction in the next few months. Perhaps it will be enough to get back on the horse again and ready to see 2020.

Of course, it could also reveal Dan Snyder 2.0 and a regression towards the cellar dweller franchises. 

Let's hope it is the former.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea what is going to happen with Cam. I love Cam. I miss the Cam that dabbed on them folks. That Cam might not ever come back. I will hate it if Cam is traded or released, but IF we can draft another franchise QB this year, I would be ok with it. I don't think Allen is that guy, and I think if they thought Grier was that guy he would already be playing by now.

Edited by Louie
  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BurnHurnBurn said:

Possibly, hopefully.  But if we’re being super honest, I’ve not felt the same since 15.  It’s been piss and vinegar since.  With a heavy dose of salt.  And I’m a ‘95 Death Valley attendee.

I thought 2015 was going to be the first of many dominant years to come.

When that didn't happen, yeah it was extremely disappointing.

But now Jerry Richardson is gone. Ron Rivera is gone. Marty Hurney may be gone or have his role reduced. And more.

Next year's Panthers could look significantly different.

 

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand football is a business. And some business decisions need to be made here. I have no reason to believe his shoulder hasn’t had ample time to heal, and I saw a very good sample size of passes at camp that gave me every reason to believe the surgery and rehab was a success.

I do have concerns about the foot. I haven’t said anything otherwise. But I’m not concerned about the shoulder right now. The foot injury gave him an opportunity basically rest his arm for an entire football season. Now, you have to hope the surgery works and he’s able to play with relative comfort and confidence moving forward. 

Oh yes, it is a business decision. So, just be damn sure that the quarterback who presents a unique set of challenges to opposing defenses can’t do that anymore before you trade him. Because, quite honestly, with all the hype out there regarding his health, I’m not so certain how much you’ll get in return thru a trade. Teams are desperate for a franchise quarterback, so I’m sure they’ll pay more than they should. I think Carolina fans should step back and realize they’re also in need of a franchise quarterback after watching Kyle Allen seesaw back-and-forth all season. Fortunately, they already have one on the roster. That helps.

Edited by ellis
  • Pie 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ellis said:

I understand football is a business. And some business decisions need to be made here. I have no reason to believe his shoulder hasn’t had ample time to heal, and I saw a very good sample size of passes at camp that gave me every reason to believe the surgery and rehab was a success.

I do have concerns about the foot. I haven’t said anything otherwise. But I’m not concerned about the shoulder right now. The foot injury gave him an opportunity basically rest his arm for an entire football season. Now, you have to hope the surgery works and he’s able to play with relative comfort and confidence moving forward. 

Oh yes, it is a business decision. So, just be damn sure that the quarterback who presents a unique set of challenges to opposing defenses can’t do that anymore before you trade him. Because, quite honestly, with all the hype out there regarding his health, I’m not so certain how much you’ll get return in a trade.

I suspect Newton's people will have a pretty good idea of what he could get elsewhere.

(yeah I know, tampering is illegal and all, but let's be real)

Said it elsewhere: Asking him to play on a one-year "prove it" deal means he assumes all the risk. Another injury and his future earning potential is out the window.

If he knows someone else will offer better than us (like say, "ten different teams") I can't see any reason why he shouldn't pursue that.

Edited by Mr. Scot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ellis said:

I understand football is a business. And some business decisions need to be made here. I have no reason to believe his shoulder hasn’t had ample time to heal, and I saw a very good sample size of passes at camp that gave me every reason to believe the surgery and rehab was a success.

 

The thing with a shoulder that shows arthritic symptoms is it is usually fine for a while, then things drop off quickly as more reps are taken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The thing with a shoulder that shows arthritic symptoms is it is usually fine for a while, then things drop off quickly as more reps are taken. 

We've thought Newton was fully or at least mostly healthy a couple of times before. 

It's a mistake to think that just because a guy looks healthy in Week 1 he's still going to look equally healthy around week 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Betting on Cam's health gives us a better chance at having good to great quarterback play in the next few years than gambling in the draft.

The only people to have uttered the words 'open to trade offers' are garbage clickbait journalists speculating. It's misleading to imply that has come from the organization.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the Cam only fans fail to realize is that the team does not believe his shoulder will hold up a full season.  That is the number one issue here.  You can lament on what Cam use to be all you want but those of use that are not emotionally attached here have come to accept it.  The odds Cam will be released are greater than him holding up a full season.  

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point it's pretty clear where everyone stands on this.. The same people are saying the same thing in every thread 

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

At this point it's pretty clear where everyone stands on this.. The same people are saying the same thing in every thread 

Not true, I used different adjectives in my posts yesterday, and an adverb.

 

But no one noticed.

 

Why don't you love me anymore?

  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...