Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Snake

Hate to say it but Lamar Jackson is better than Cam already.

8 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

No player has ever thrown the ball so accurately while breaking rushing records. 

The guy has 3 games with 5 passing scores this season all while rushing for over a thousand yards. 

So I’ll repeat it. Lamar Jackson is unlike any player we have ever seen

so were measuring his accuracy based off one season? and ability to pass? lets just use Cam's MVP season as a summary of his playing career then. Because even at the start of this season they were talking about acquiring a passer of the football. Talent wise. Cam Newton still exceeds Lamar Jackson just from a pure talent standpoint/ability. not taking scheme coach and players around them into context. 

He's fun to watch, that's for sure. And nobody's really figured out the best way to defend him. Speculation, of course, is that someone will but that remains to be seen how, when or if.

From what I've seen, the Ravens are minimizing his pass attempts, but the ones he has, he's making them count. The Steelers used to do that with Ben Roethlisberger a while back. Think it was done with Vick too. Don't remember if they ever did that with Newton (my sense is they didn't; Chudzinski sure as hell didn't) though it's acknowledged that Shula's 2015 offense was heavily run based because that's how Rivera wanted it.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's fun to watch, that's for sure. And nobody's really figured out the best way to defend him. Speculation, of course, is that someone will but that remains to be seen how, when or if.

From what I've seen, the Ravens are minimizing his pass attempts, but the ones he has, he's making them count.

The Steelers used to do that with Ben Roethlisberger a while back. Think it was done with Vick too. Don't remember if they ever did that with Newton (my sense is they didn't; Chudzinski sure as hell didn't) though it's acknowledged that Shula's 2015 offense was heavily run based because that's how Rivera wanted it.

The thing about the Ravens is why do they need to be pass heavy when their offense puts up 35 points and their defense keeps teams to 17. I mean not even the 49ers could stop them with that formula. 

4 hours ago, Seltzer said:

Ravens have 55 passing yards. It looks good now, but anyone that thinks an offensive system like that is sustainable long term is deluded

55 passing yards right

To Cam’s defense, Lamar looks better than just about everybody right now. 

I don't know. Could be smoking mirrors. I get a Robert Griffin III on steroids vibe.

He's good at passes he's asked to do but he doesn't throw the entire route tree. Most of his passes seem to be in the middle of the field. I think teams will eventually figure him out just like RGIII. Hopefully he's not as fragile or those hits are gonna slow him up.

But for now... he's balling!

Cam is gonna be great next year with Alex Leatherwood at left tackle protecting him while throwing the ball to number one WR DJ Moore, CMC, and Ian Thomas 

I'm hopeful

• Flames 1

is this some kind of weak swerve on cam because these dudes are both black? lamar jackson is about to be the mvp of this league and is an absolute video game. you could make this thread on like 30 other boards. are we supposed to be mad about this? 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

so were measuring his accuracy based off one season? and ability to pass? lets just use Cam's MVP season as a summary of his playing career then. Because even at the start of this season they were talking about acquiring a passer of the football. Talent wise. Cam Newton still exceeds Lamar Jackson just from a pure talent standpoint/ability. not taking scheme coach and players around them into context. 

this is silly. of course we're basing this off of one season. we're talking about who's better. it would be pointless to talk about the entirety of a career because lamar hasn't had one yet. cam has peaked and his peak was MVP. he fulfilled his potential and he was borderline great. the super bowl performance hurts him from a legacy standpoint, but the rate at which he's racking up yards and rushing records has been impressive. if he can get the counting stats, maybe he can get into canton. he looks good from a total offense perspective. ahead of several hall of fame names already. the touchdown record for a quarterback helps. 

but here's the thing. what lamar jackson is doing right now is by measures of degrees more impressive than anything any rushing quarterback has ever done. he broke a rushing record some people thought might be impossible and it took him the first drive of his 14th game. two full games to add to it. he's completing 66% of his passes and has 33 TD passes to 6 INT. he might break the rushing record for a quarterback and throw 40 touchdowns. it's just silly. this has never been done. it doesn't matter if his season and career end tomorrow. what he has accomplished this season will forever be relevant when talking about the best quarterback performances in league history. if he can win a super bowl, this season alone might be enough to make him canton worthy. 

6 hours ago, rodeo said:

if Cam had Greg Roman as his OC we would have won multiple Super Bowls.

we still would have had marty or gman picking out the roster, not ozzy

OP hates Cam so much he replaced his avatar with a backup QB after one game lol. And now he makes random threads to bait others and get a reaction.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1